This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

We’ve all done it; watched one of Buzzfeed’s Tasty videos of a yummy recipe, sent it to our friends saying “we totally have to make this!” and it never happens. I, too, am guilty that. However, this weekend I decided to break my pattern and actually try something. I’m not a fan of baking so I chose a simple, “Mini Cinnamon Roll Bites” recipe, which only has four ingredients.

My Expectations: The original Tasty recipe calls for pizza crust with a butter bath for the dough component, but I opted for croissant rolls with butter flavor to cut down on ingredients and steps. Since I made this change, I was skeptical that my recipe would turn out “tasty.”

Step 1:  Roll out the croissant dough on a cookie sheet and sprinkle on sugar and ground cinnamon to your liking. Cut rolls into desired sizes.

Step 2: In a mixing bowl, mix both powdered sugar and milk for the frosting dip.

Step 3: Once the cinnamon rolls are baked, plate them and put glaze in a seperate bowl for dipping. You could also drizzle the glaze on top.

My Reaction: I was pleasantly surprised. They tasted exactly like cinnamon rolls, and the personal size was a huge hit when I brought them to my friend’s apartment for brunch. They were extremely easy to make and I would definitely recipe again!

If you recreate this recipe, share a picture with us on Twitter @hckentstate!

Erin Radue

Kent State

Lover of salted carmel lattes, turtlenecks, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniels  |  Just a Minnesota girl dreaming of the Big Apple  
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.