Lulus SBPL HeroGraphic R2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Lulus SBPL HeroGraphic R2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Fashion

Summer 2022 Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With every change in season comes a change in fashion trends. Since summer is coming up, the warmer weather brings us new fashion trends to look forward to experimenting with.

Trends come and go with every season, so keep reading to see which trends you can expect to see this upcoming summer!

WATERMELON WONDERS

I am absolutely obsessed with this green and pink combination because it reminds me of watermelons!

I’ve been seeing this color combination in every boutique and on the runway, so it is definitely a must-try color combination for this summer! 

SKIMPY SKIRTS

As the iconic Paris Hilton once said, “Skirts should be the size of a belt” and that was taken very seriously for this upcoming season!

Mini skirts are definitely in for this summer. With inspiration taken from 90’s trends, mini skirts are meant to be statement pieces. These mini skirts are perfect to wear in the hot summer sun. 

CUT-OUTS

A lot of us love to show some skin during the summer, so this trend is perfect for that!

Expect to see a lot of pieces with dramatic or subtle cutouts. Whether they’re in dresses, bathing suits, pants or even tops, cutouts will be a major detail in this year’s summer fashion.

KNITS and NETS

We rarely see knits trending in the warmer months, but look forward to it this summer!

Crochet has been all the rage lately, so knits in the style of netting will be huge this summer; allowing room for the skin to breathe and to keep cool during the hot months.

Y2K

Just like crochet has been all the rage, so has Y2K!

Low-rise skirts, baggy jeans and sheer tops are just a handful of early 2000’s themed styles that will be back and better than ever this summer!

Talia Gogel

Kent State '23

Hi! My name is Talia Gogel and I'm a sophomore fashion merchandising at Kent State! I love shopping, cooking, bunnies, astrology, and reading! I’m involved in the Fashion Student Organization, a member of Tri Sigma Sorority, and HerCampus!