jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Stylin’ Diaries: A Sleep Deprived & Over-Caffeinated College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Do you ever wake up startled because you have already slept through two of the alarms you set? It is now 8:00 a.m. and your class is at 8:30 a.m. across campus. Frantic to find a decent outfit, you grab the first thing you see on “that chair” (the chair that is more like your closet than your closet is). As you leave your dorm/apartment, you realize you are wearing the same exact outfit as yesterday, with the coffee stain on the bottom of the shirt and smeared honey on your leggings from lunch. What now?

Don’t have that weekly (or daily) panic every morning. Start planning outfits out ahead of time. Trust me, I have been down that  road before (that story might be about me). For fashion majors such as myself, walking out of my house without looking put together makes for a day that is, well…not so put together either. My goal this semester is to pick out my outfits on a weekly basis to help spare me enough time to eat a good breakfast, put on make up, or finish that little bit of homework from last night. So here it is, a detailed weekly schedule (no, not for classes) for you to avoid that “OMG WHAT DO I WEAR?” freak out:

1. Monday: Ready for the Week Outfit

2. Tuesday: Get it into Gear Outfit

3. Wednesday: Hip, Hip, Hooray for Hump Day outfit  

4. Thursday: The “It’s almost the Weekend” Outfit

5. Friday: Relaxed-Feel Outfit

6. Saturday: Photo Shoot-Ready Outfit

7. Sunday: Close-to-Pajamas Outfit

Hello beautiful gals of campuses near and far! My name is Maggie and I found my home in Kent, Ohio at Kent State University. I had just transfered last semester but I have already found life long friends. As switching and deciding to move schools was easily one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, I am so unbelieveably happy that I took that risk. So now here I am at this wonderful school studying fashion merchandising and loving all that it has to offer. As all nighters come often I have my friends to help me get through it. We never let anyone fall behind and that's waht makes my friends a huge priotrity in my life.  As I broaden my horizon and find more oppurtunites in the fashion industry, I become more opptimistic about my future. After hearing about what Her Campus entails I had to hop on board and share some insight of life as a college student and how to manage to get through some of it's ups and downs. I love reading the other articles and seeing what happens at other campuses as well. And as there are many different factors that make up someone's college career, it's always helpful to hear from others who have been through similar situations.  
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.