This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As I’m sure you know, the holidays are right around the corner. If you are anything like me, you can’t wait to shop for your family. The hardest part of gift-giving is trying to figure out unique, meaningful and affordable gifts for everyone. Hopefully, I can help you out with this gift guide!

Mom

Anytime I have asked my mom what she wants for Christmas, birthdays, etc. she always says she doesn’t want anything. This is such a typical mom response, so instead of getting her any material gifts, I have found that giving her the gift of an experience is something she enjoys much more. A gift certificate for a massage or spa day is the perfect gift. Moms work very hard, so a gift that means quiet time and relaxation is something she will greatly appreciate.

Dad

I always tend to have a difficult time when it comes to gifts for my dad, but after much research, I have found that subscription boxes are something that is unique and can be personalized depending on what your dad enjoys. ButcherBox is a subscription company that sends different cuts of fresh meats directly to your door. If your dad is a griller like mine, then this is a great gift idea. Beer of The Month Club is another subscription service that sends various beers from several different breweries to you monthly. This is perfect for the dad who loves trying out new craft beers. I have also found clothing subscription boxes for men, meal delivery services and even tools and gadgets any dad would enjoy. You simply just have to pick the right one for your father!

Sister

Sisters can definitely be difficult, but here are a few ideas based on things I would get my own sisters. My one sister is very into makeup and skincare, so getting her a set from Sephora or Ulta with different makeup and skincare items is perfect for her to try out new products she may have never purchased herself. As for my other sister, she and her husband are very into wine, and I found a wine cork state from Uncommon Goods. I love this website as you can find really fun and unique gifts no matter what your friends and family may be interested in.

Brother

Depending on the age of your brother, personalized beer glasses or whiskey glasses are a perfect gift. Whether their interests are sports or music, you can get anything you want to be engraved onto the glasses on Things Remembered. It is a gift that they will definitely use and keep for a long time.

Family Pet

Don’t forget your favorite family member! You can get a new bed, cozy sweaters, a fresh squeaky toy or even some gourmet treats. Chances are, your pet is the easiest one to shop for, especially because they will love you no matter what you get them! If you want a pet but don’t have one, hint to your parents by gifting them some treats or a bed, so they can see just how serious you are.

Gift shopping can be hard, but hopefully, this list gave you a bit of inspiration for the things you can get your family members this holiday season.

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.