Sorority Recruitment : Wear This, Not That

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Recruitment is finally here and here’s a list of what you should wear and what you shouldn’t, advice from a sorority girl who is recruiting.

1. Philanthropy Round

This round is three days long. This is your first impression you are going to have going into recruitment. This day isn’t as dressy, but it doesn’t mean you should show up in something you threw on to go to class in, and heaven forbid you wear leggings. Put some effort into what you look like. You wouldn’t show up to a job interview in jeans with rips and holes on them, or short shorts. Save those for the Kent weekends. Sorority women will be dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, so try not to look nicer than them. Be yourself and show off your personal style. Don’t show up like you are about to go our clubbing, or show up looking like you came from the rec. Sorority women will be able to tell if you made an effort or not. 

Wear This:

Not That: 

2. House Tours

This round is probably where you should dress up more than you would normally. A nice dress or nice skirt with a pair of comfortable wedges for example. Think if you were going to a nice restaurant with your family or a banquet. You want to look put together and comfortable. The sorority women will be dressed up a bit more than the previous round. Wear comfortable shoes because you will be doing a lot of walking and going up and down some stairs. This isn’t time to break out the heels you’ve never worn before. 

Wear This: 

Not that: 

3. Preference Round

Third and final day of recruitment is the day is the most formal out of all the days. Wear something that would most likely be appropriate at a wedding and is comfortable enough to where you can sit down and move around without anything being exposed. This round is normally different from all the rest, you want to look your best but also be comfortable. Leave the homecoming dressing at home ladies. And like I said before, stilettos are never the answer in this occasion. 

Wear This: 

Not that: 

Now that you have an extra insight on what to wear, you should be able to figure out what is appropriate and what is not. I hope you all have a happy recruitment and may the bids be ever in your favor!

Hello! I'm Morgan! I'm a Junior majoring in Visual Journalism. My passions include photography and graphic design. I'm obsessed with Dunkin Donuts, and puppies are my weakness. Check out my articles!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.