thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
thought catalog xVRdDDe6M1A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Snapchat is made for Sarcasm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Have you ever actually looked at Snapchat’s “Discover” section? If not, you should, because it’s a goldmine that sets my sarcastic heart ablaze. Sometimes the snaps Cosmo and Buzzfeed share just beg for an honest reaction. So, naturally, I slap on a caption and send them out like rapid fire.

Let’s start with examples from all of those times Cosmo reminded me how single I am. Thanks Snapchat.

This is how I cope.

I wouldn’t know.

I won’t have to worry about this for a long long time.

Even when I do get in a relationship, this status won’t change. 

Next, let’s shed light on those times when Snapchat tried to make me feel like Cady Heron when in reality I feel like Spongebob.

Never-ending ugly duckling phase for this gal.

I guess it’s a lost cause.

And a granny smith apple at that.

Real talk.

Pure dishonesty.

It brings me so much amusement when “Discover” tries to make me feel empowered.

Ariel, look at these snaps, aren’t they neat? Wouldn’t you say my collections complete?

My kind of push-ups aren’t found at the gym.

But a girl can dream.

I love all the times Snapchat tries to be motivational.

I just can’t.

Correction: my bed will.

They told me to own it, so I did. 

Cool is overrated, am I right?

We can’t forget the time Snapchat hated on the entire state of Pennsylvania for reasons I have yet to uncover.

Someone please enlighten me on what’s wrong with PA? They don’t have sales tax, and I don’t see any sort of problem with that.

Until next time, Snapchat…my sarcasm is waiting for you. 

Gina D'Amico

Kent State

Hi! My name is Gina D'Amico and I'm a senior fashion merchandising major at Kent State. I'm from Pittsburgh but I love to wander the world. I have a love for pugs, fashion, and carbs. You can often find me watching lifetime movies with a full sleeve of oreos. 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.