you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Seven Podcasts for the Career Driven Female

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

If you’re like me right now, you’re currently stuck inside because of the bitter cold, but being trapped does not mean you have to be unproductive! This is the perfect time to catch up on work, chores or even make some career moves. If you’ve never gotten into podcasts, start now because it is the best way to brighten up your workout, walk to class or even to listen to before bed.

For the bad*** entrepreneur: Girlboss Radio

This is one of my favorite podcasts right now! It is hosted by the witty Sophia Amoruso, founder of Nasty Gal. Each week Amoruso invites a female founder or CEO on to the show. They discuss how they got their start and what it took to break boundaries in their business. Each episode has hilarious stories, relatable struggles and candid conversations that make you feel like you’re listening to your best friends.

For the career advice seeker: No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis

If you are little bit lost in your journey to fulfill your goals, this is the podcast for you. ABC News correspondent, Rebecca Jarvis, hosts this podcast that discusses practical advice and lessons learned on the path to success. She brings on lots of other influential women for honest discussions about their journeys, both failures and successes.

For the passionate self-employed: Goal Digger Podcast

This podcast is all about you! If you want to build your personal brand, need courage to make your wildest dreams happen, or want to be an influencer, listen to this podcast. Host Jenna Kutcher and various other women share tips and tricks to manage social media, business and productivity. If you want to be your best self and have complete control over your career, this is the nitty gritty listen you need.

For the practical dreamer: Skimm’d From the Couch

I love getting the Skimm email every morning because it is the fastest and easiest way to stay up to date with whatever is happening in the world. (If you don’t currently subscribe, check it out here because it’s free and the best way to be informed). This podcast was started by the ladies of the Skimm, and details how they created their company from their couch. The podcast is a no BS talk about career wins and terrible advice, featuring powerful female leaders.

For the babe who needs balance: The Lively Show

This podcast isn’t just about taking charge of your career, but of your life in general. It is uplifting and inspiring, but it also teaches listeners how to find balance in their lives. Your career or life could be causing you stress, or maybe you don’t understand why you’re unhappy. This podcast explores the subconscious reasons for our actions, and how to control them. After listening, you can be the boss of your life. 

For the rule breaker: She Did It Her Way

The ladies who chat on this podcast are innovative, creative, and completely fearless. Top female entrepreneurs from all over the country discuss their companies, strategies and never ending pursuit of what they want. If you need a new business idea, want to cultivate some bravery or just want to hear awesome success stories, give this show a listen.

For inspiration and support: Being Boss

The best way I can describe this podcast is fun! Two “business besties” host this show that focuses on cultivating a boss mindset for your lifestyle, habits and career. When I say they cover everything and anything, I mean it, from branding to marketing to finance. Plus, they give some great advice on how to ditch self-limiting thoughts and behavior so you can move forward in your life and career with positivity.

Hopefully one of these podcasts speaks to what you need, and you can cozy up and tune in to these inspiring women. All of these are linked on spotify, but you can listen on apple music or sound cloud. Whether you need to take the reins of your own life, or just want a new podcast to get some joy this cold season, give one of these a listen.

Katie is a Junior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State with a minor in marketing. Katie is involved in multiple organizations on campus and has a special interest in social media and visual merchandising. She plans to graduate in December of 2021 and hopes to pursue a career in which she can utilize her creative writing skills and conscientious work ethic.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.