This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Closing out this year’s 2018 New York Fashion week was none other than Rihanna herself with her Savage X Fenty lingerie line. Rihanna curated a lingerie show that didn’t cater to the male gaze but to the empowerment of all women. The show featured all shapes and colors of women expressing their truest self. 

With the fashion industry becoming more and more political as time goes on we need more innovative creators like Rihanna who are not afraid to try something different and not stick to the status quo! 

Every girl who wants to look like a Victoria’s Secret model may now be changing her mind. Watch out Victoria Riri is coming up and isn’t afraid to push some boundaries. 

See for yourself: 

(all photos courtesy of Rebecca Smeyne for The New York Times)

I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there is ANYTHING better than a strong powerful woman empowering other women to be stronger and more powerful!! Way to go Rihanna! 

Check out the entire line HERE

Jess Goodwin is a  senior at Kent State University, where she is the Senior Editor for the Her Campus Kent State chapter! She is a Journalism major who has enjoyed writing and telling stories her whole life. When she is not writing, Jess is dancing and choreographing. She has been dancing for over 15 years and choreographing for just about 3 years now! She has a passion for movies, books and entertainment, but she also has a love for activism and promoting love! Jess's socials are: Instagram: @jess.goodwin Twitter: @jessgoodwin13 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.