This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Her Week consisted of five days of events to celebrate you: our readers. Each event helped empower and motivate the collegiettes who attended through Snapchat giveaways and inspirational activities. At the end of the week, we held a huge birthday bash at 157 Lounge to celebrate our success. Here’s what happened: 

Monday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., we sat in the student center passing out flyers and suckers, handing out free samples of beauty products and promoting Her Week. If you added us on Snapchat (hckentstate) and snapped us what you were looking forward to during Her Week, you were entered in a drawing to win a prize.

Tuesday from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Her Campus Kent State had a Homework Hangout where members and attendees did their homework, took a mini study break to connect with other collegietts and won prizes.  “It was fun and a great way for members to bond outside of our meetings,” said Lauren Milligan, editorial team member. 

We partnered with Career Services from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday to give attendees job searching tips, LinkedIn tricks and free headshots. 

Jody Patterson from Career Services provided a lot of helpful tips.

Here are a few:

·      Don’t resume blast. Customize your resume and cover letter for each position you apply to.

·      Know the company before you go into the interview and ask questions that aren’t on the website.

·      Networking is the #1 way to get a job

·      Always be prepared with your elevator pitch because you never know when you’ll see a potential employer.

·      Be overly dressed up compared to under dress for an interview.

·      Customize your LinkedIn invite.

·      A major job search error is having an inappropriate social media account.

Her Campus Kent State and BAM hosted a Pure Romance Party from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday. Women over the age of 18 were allowed to attend partake in a fun night of trying products, playing games and learning about sex and body positivity. After the party, attendees could buy products or talk to the Pure Romance consultants about hosting their own party or joining the Pure Romance team. The consultants were very open and confident about what they were talking about, which made everyone feel comfortable. 

Her Campus Kent State celebrated two years as a student organization Friday. We had our birthday party from 7 to 10 p.m. at 157 Lounge. 157 provided desserts, free sushi, delicious mocktails and excellent service for our guests. Her Campus Kent State conducted Twitter giveaways all night. The main prize was a Vera Bradley tote.

Thank you to everyone who came out and supported Her Campus Kent State this past week! We hope you had fun and enjoyed yourselves. We wouldn’t be a platinum level chapter if it weren’t for amazing readers like you! 

Pop culture enthusiast, adventure seeker, lover of all things purple and an expert on Marilyn Monroe.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.