Positive Affirmations to Finish Off the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

At this point in the semester, we all need a little motivation. Positive affirmations are a great way to inspire this kind of effort for the last few weeks.

I asked some people in my life for their favorite affirmations and put together a list of the best ones I heard. Here are six affirmations to give you the push you need. 

Everything’s Gonna be okay.

Studying can be incredibly stressful. Slow down and remind yourself that the future will be bright.

Whenever you get overwhelmed, it is helpful to get out of that moment in your mind and ground yourself in the future. 

Baby steps.

This affirmation, a favorite of my mom’s, is also helpful to slow down and avoid getting overwhelmed.

For the next few weeks, the best way to prepare for finals is to work little by little and spread out studying as much as you can. 

vibes are high

My sister says this almost every day. When vibes are high, memories are being made and things are going well.

Make time for some good vibes in the next few weeks. 

I did my best, I did all I could.

This is a personal favorite that I use whenever I finish a big assignment or turn in a difficult test.

I always want to do better, but the best way to reward myself is to tell myself I did my best. This gives me peace of mind that no matter the outcome, I did my best, so I have to be happy with it. 

Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

This is a good one for those moments when things go wrong, this one is from my dad.

When something does not go your way, you have to power through. It is difficult, but you can make it. 

You didn’t come this far only to get this far.

This one comes from Alex Golden, an editor for Her Campus Kent State. This one speaks to the power of perseverance.

We have worked so hard to get to this point in our education and we have to finish strong. 

We all have the ability to work through the next few weeks. With these affirmations and everything we have learned so far, we are destined to do well.

Good luck with the rest of this semester, HCXO. 

Grace Springer

Kent State '24

Grace is a Journalism Major and Media Advocacy Minor at Kent State University. She is interested in music and plays flute for the KSU Marching Band. Other clubs she is involved in are Sunrise Kent State and Tau Beta Sigma.