This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The past few months I’ve felt like I have been stuck in a constant cycle of boring routine: work, school, work, school. It’s easy to get into this loop as a full-time college student. I’ve found my music taste to become the same way. For months, I only listened to the same three songs over and over again. I feel like a big part of this was out of convenience. Sometimes it’s hard to find new music I like, so I stick to what I know, but that gets boring.

Within the past month, I’ve collected a new set of songs I am quite literally obsessed with. I would consider my music taste to be pretty broad and open, however, I have found myself listening to the same genres recently. Music is something that helps me understand my current mood, thoughts and feelings. When I relate to a song – that’s when I really connect to the music. So, without further ado, I want to share with all of you my top five favorite songs at the moment. I highly encourage you to take a listen!

not strong enough by boygenius

Boygenius, comprised of Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker, recently released an album that I cannot stop listening to. The record has 12 songs with a total of 42 minutes of beautiful harmonies and gut-wrenching lyrics. “Not Strong Enough” is by far one of my favorites on the album. It’s upbeat with melancholy lyrics- my favorite.

illicit affairs by taylor swift

Illicit affairs is off of Taylor’s 2020 album: folklore. Although this song is 3 years old, I just can’t get enough. With the Era’s tour underway, this is one of the many songs on her set-list. The way she passionately sings this song live reignited my love for this song.

void by melanie Martinez

Melanie Martinez is back with a brand new album, “Portals.” With a new look, Martinez did not disappoint with this new era of music. Void is a song I sprint to on the treadmill at the gym. It makes me think back to my past self, and the mistakes I’ve made.

american teenager by ethel cain

Ethel Cain is by far my new favorite artist of the year. Her hit single, “American Teenager” is definitely going to be my summer anthem as it is finally starting to warm up!

Peppers by lana del ray

Lana Del Ray’s new album is definitely a hit. I was nervous as I was not a fan of her last album, but this song is perfect. If you’re looking for a song to listen to as you look in the mirror and feel confident, this is it.

Grace Clarke

Kent State

Junior Journalism major with Public Relations minor at Kent State University. I love to write articles informing others on a variety of things such as pop culture, music, fashion, or breaking news.