Style > Beauty

My Reaction to My First FabFitFun Box

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As a joint Valentine’s Day and birthday gift, my boyfriend signed up for a FabFitFun subscription under my name, but with his credit card (which is the best way to do it, I think). FabFitFun is something that I had been wanting to subscribe to for a while, but I never had enough justification to spend the money every season on a box, let alone any add-on items. So, I would listen to my step mom talk about hers and all of the amazing items she received, while hoping someday soon I could see what it is all about. Last week, my first box came in the mail and I was beyond excited to open it up. This box was the Spring 2022 box, and it did not disappoint.

How it Works

First, it would be helpful to understand how the FabFitFun process works, whether you are somewhat or not at all familiar with it. Depending on what kind of member you are or when you signed up, you will get a set day that the site opens up customizations for your box. I, a seasonal member, got to choose four items from a list that I wanted in my box. Then, FabFitFun surprised me with an additional two items. I also had the option to add on more items, choosing from a list that was much longer. 

There are both seasonal and annual memberships, where seasonal members pay per box and annual members pay per year. Seasonal memberships are good for when you think you will get less than four boxes, and you do not mind annual members having first access to some items. If you want all four boxes within a year, and you want some more benefits, I would suggest going with the annual membership.

To Be Honest Mariah Carey GIF by Apple Music - Find & Share on GIPHY

My Favorite Items

Out of all of the items I received in my box, there were definitely five favorites. I was really satisfied with the majority of the box, but a few things seemed to excite me a bit more than others.

1. My first favorite was a customization that I had picked. It is a Bliss moisturizer and sunscreen duo. This was the first item I picked for my box because I was in need of a new moisturizer and getting the 30 SPF sunscreen was a huge bonus. I’ve used the moisturizer for almost a week now, and I love it. It goes on very lightly, smoothly and the smell is also very refreshing. It makes me feel even cleaner after my shower or face wash.
  2. Second is a pair of earrings that I had purchased as an add-on to my box. These earrings are silver butterfly studs with large gemstones. The brand is Gemelli, a brand that I have never heard of before but I am looking forward to getting to know it better! The earrings were quite large, forcing me to take out my second lobe piercing for them to lay nicely, but they look so adorable. I feel like the chunky, yet flat look of them suited me well.
  3. The third favorite was one of the mystery surprises, so I did not customize or add on this one. It’s a Josie Maron body butter; it’s organic, vegan, cruelty free, gluten free and best of all, female founded. The body butter I received doesn’t have a specific smell listed on it, but it is definitely very tropical and fruity. The butter lathers my skin perfectly and a little goes a long way, something that I am always happy about. The 8 ounce container will last me a few months for sure.
  4. Splendid faux fur slippers were in my top five for sure. These were a customization that I wasn’t sure I would like, but I don’t regret my decision at all. I’ve already worn these around the house twice, and they are very comfortable. I love that they are open-toed and furry rather than fuzzy. They are also a light pink color, making it even better.
  5. Lastly, I have to say that the magazine that came in my box made it to number five. Along with some advertisements and products, the magazine contained coupons. Coupons that I have the option to use! I was so excited when I saw two pages full of coupons for different companies such as the ones I’ve mentioned. I will definitely be going online sometime soon to see what kind of damage I can do.

FabFitFun did an amazing job with my spring box. I am so happy that it was, in fact, all it is hyped up to be. I am looking forward to receiving my summer and fall box, and from there I will decide if I should continue with an annual membership or be satisfied with three boxes!

Grace Weingart

Kent State '24

Grace is a junior at Kent State University. She is an English major with a Creative Writing minor. Grace is currently a Senior Editor for the Chapter at Kent. She enjoys being poolside in the sun, shopping and loving on her pup.