This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

2020 was definitely a year for the books. After the year we had, I think we are all relieved it’s finally 2021. Starting off 2021 with a bang, here are a couple of my favorites from the month of January.

Sage Green

Yes, I know it’s a bit of a strange favorite to have, but I cannot get enough of this color! I’ve seen this color throughout fashion trends, and I’ve started seeing it being incorporated into interior designs as well. There’s something very calming about this color. 

Books

The Selection by Kiera Cass:

If I were to describe this book in the easiest way possible, I would describe it as a mixture between The Bachelor and the royal family. This book is a part of a series, making it even better if you loved the first book. 

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Ellie Cole

I found this book on Tiktok of all places and let me tell you this book does not disappoint! Beware, this book is very emotional and left me in tears, but don’t let that discourage you from reading it. It’s easily made its way into one of my favorite books of all time. Just trust me on this and read it.

Social Media

This month I have been obsessing over fashion influencer Margot Lee (@margot.lee).  I’ve been loving her Instagram recently because not only does she keep her Instagram very real (which is hard to come by) she also started a podcast! If you’re in need of any gift ideas for outfit inspiration she’s your girl. Be sure to check out her podcast, Working Title!

Music

Drivers License by Olivia Rodrigo:

If you haven’t heard this song by now where have you been? I must say this song is perfect to listen and sing to in the car with all of your friends. Beware the song is very sad and will have you in tears even if you are perfectly happy. 

Good Together by HONNE:

An overall feel-good song. I love this song because you can’t help but smile while listening to it. And after 2020, happiness is what we need right now. 

Food

Sriracha. Yes, Sriracha. This month I have come to the conclusion that I am obsessed with this sauce. However, if you are not a fan of anything spicy then this sauce may not be for you. But if you are, I 100% recommend putting it on some avocado toast or even on an omelet. 

I hope this persuades you to look out for any of the products/trends listed above. Have a great 2021! 

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.