Movies to Watch on Valentine’s Day Based on How the Holiday Makes You Feel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Valentine’s Day can make people feel so many different ways. Maybe you love Valentine’s Day and your bestie hates it. Or you have one bad memory from Valentine’s Day years ago, so you have sworn off the holiday forever. However you feel about the date, I have the movie for you. 

If you live and breathe for V Day…

-Valentine’s Day​

This one is obvious. It is iconic and the star-studded cast never fails to make me feel something. 

-Love, Actually

A classic. Some people say this is a Christmas movie and I would simply disagree.

-The Half of It

This one is new to Netflix and will have you feeling all the feels. 

If you wish the stupid holiday never existed…

-The Spy Who Dumped Me

I could watch this movie every day. It is hilarious and perfect if you just need a good laugh.

-A Bad Moms Christmas

Mila Kunis does it again! Another hilarious movie that will have you thinking about Christmas and totally NOT V-day.

-A Star is Born

Want the romance but none of the fluff? This is the movie for you.

If you’re tempted to curl up into a ball and cry all day…

-The Notebook

Another absolute classic. You are already crying you might as well watch a good movie while you do it. 

-10 Things I Hate About You

This might raise your spirits? I don’t know, that poem was pretty emotional…

-Silver Linings Playbook

All. The. Feels. That’s all I have to say.

If you really couldn’t care less…

-Pride and Prejudice

Did Valentine’s Day even exist in the 1800s? Who cares! This movie is great no matter what time of the year it is. 

-The DUFF

Another movie that I could watch every single day.

-Pitch Perfect

I don’t know how to explain it but this movie just feels so perfect for this category. HA, see what I did there?

If you’re just waiting for all the chocolate to go on sale…

-The Proposal

Ryan Reynolds AND Sandra Bullock?! I promise you will not be disappointed. 

-Someone Great

Okay, I’ll admit it. I definitely wanted to drown myself in chocolate when I watched this movie so if you are waiting for it to go on sale, try ice cream or something, I don’t know.

-Isn’t It Romantic

This might be controversial but I would describe this movie as empowering! A woman realizing she needs to love herself before she can love someone else? I’m here for it. 

Honorable Mentions

-Seriously Single

Another new addition to Netflix! This is the perfect time to check it out. 

-Set it Up

I’ve seen this movie three times, I couldn’t not add it!

-To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before

Again, I have seen this movie an unhealthy amount of times and it deserves to be on this list. 

BRB, binging all these movies until February 14th.

Cassidy Gladieux

Kent State '23

Cassidy is a junior journalism student at Kent State minoring in creative writing. This is her third year writing for Her Campus and first year as a senior editor. Cassidy is also a features writer for KentWired. In her free time, she loves to read, go on runs, and cuddle with her dog. In the future, Cassidy hopes to write for a digital magazine and travel around the world!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.