This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

October is coming to an end and Her Campus Kent State is here to give you a rundown of this month in music with notable album releases and singles.

Albums:

– October 9:

Revival (Deluxe) – Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez’s “revival” comes in the form of downtempo beats and alluring vocals. Gomez gives heartbreak and healing a dancable beat in “Survivors” and shows that she’s graduated from her Disney days with a coy sexiness in “Hands To Myself” and “Body Heat.”

Our Favorite Tracks: Same Old Love, Kill Em With Kindness & Perfect

– October 16:

Pentatonix (Deluxe Version) – Pentatonix

The eponymous studio album by the acapella quintet is chock full of new original songs like “Can’t Sleep Love” and “Sing.” Every song is unmistakably Pentatonix with crisp arrangements, tight harmonies and insane vocals. Pentatonix also refreshes overplayed songs such as “Where Are Ü Now,” “Lean On” and “Cheerleader” with acapella arrangements.

Our Favorite Tracks: Can’t Sleep Love, Ref, Lean On

Confident – Demi Lovato

Lovato’s latest album has quite a bit of EDM influence with songs like “Kingdom Come” and “Old Ways” containing heavy beat drops while other tracks like “Stone Cold” and “Father” fall more into her usual power ballads. The album’s lead single and title tracks meanwhile, lean more towards pop rock. If the album title is anything to go by, Lovato is confident and it shows through with her willingness to explore different styles.

Our Favorite Tracks: Confident, Cool for the Summer

Dopamine – BØRNS

Itunes describes the album as “pure Southern California in a bottle” and I couldn’t think of anything better to describe Dopamine. The “Electric Love” singer is back with a full album and it sounds like the strange and wonderful love child of The Neighbourhood and MisterWives.

Our Favorite Tracks: 10,000 Emerald Pools, American Money

– October 23:

Bouquet – The Chainsmokers

You probably know The Chainsmokers from their hit songs, “#Selfie” or “Kanye.” With only five tracks, Bouquet is just as dance worthy as their previous work and contains the radio hit “Roses.”

Out Favorite Tracks: Roses

Singles:

-October 6:Lose Yourself – Glass Animals & Joey Bada$$

– October 8:Love Me – The 1975

-October 9:Hey Everybody! – 5SOS

-October 13:Talk Me Down – Troye Sivan

-October 15:Me, Myself and I (feat. Bebe Rexha) – G-Eazy

-October 16:Perfect – One Direction

– October 21:All My Friends (feat. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper) – Snakehips

– October 22:Sorry – Justin BieberHollow – Tori KellyEmperor’s New Clothes – Panic! At the Disco

– October 23:Hello – Adele

Hello! My name is Gabrielle, but I go by Gael and I am a junior public relations major. I'm a Filipino American with a love for traveling and I've lived in Manila, Shanghai and Ohio. When I'm not writing for Her Campus, I'm writing for Flash Communications. You can also find me blogging, tweeting and whatever else comes with maintaining my multitude of online presences (and Her Campus' as well). I also enjoy shopping, obsessing over Star Wars, puppies, making videos for my youtube channel and buying too many books than I have time for. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet! xx
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.