kon karampelas 7Hv7183ZNFM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kon karampelas 7Hv7183ZNFM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Michelle Obama Thinks You Should Delete Tinder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Former first lady, current podcast host and now – love expert? What can’t Michelle do? On the latest episode of The Michelle Obama Podcast, she sat down with Conan O’Brien for a conversation about their respective marriages and to dish out some dating advice to those of us who aren’t quite there yet. Below are my three biggest takeaways.

Delete Tinder

The detail that has everyone talking is, of course, her thoughts on Tinder. So just in case you needed any further convincing that Tinder is not the place to find a relationship, listen to Michelle. “You can’t Tinder your way into a long-term relationship,” she said. Instead, Michelle suggests that young people meet and date each other organically, saying “there’s no magic way to make that happen.”

Get Yourself Ready

Another point she made: don’t rush. After discussing O’Brien and Barack’s hesitancy on marriage (both men were in their 30’s before deciding to tie the knot), Michelle said “I think a man’s inclination to wait and to kind of go out there and search and get himself ready, I think is a good instinct that more young women should think about,” although she admits she “always knew” she wanted to get married.

Find Your Lebron

Perhaps the most interesting thought she shared was this – the idea that finding the right person should be viewed like assembling an all-star basketball team. Just as you’d want to build a team with all the right strengths, you’ll want to find a person with all the right strengths. In the end, “what you’re supposed to say is ‘I have married LeBron, My version of Lebron.’ ”

Overall, some pretty sound advice. Afterall, don’t we all want a love like the Obamas?

Caroline is a senior fashion merchandising major with a minor in business. She loves being apart of the Her Campus editorial team at Kent State! Fashion is her passion but her other interests include cooking, wine, yoga, reading, sustainability, and animals -especially her fur babies Sophia Lucia and Zara Bella, and yes, she knows their names are extra but she loves to be extra. Click the links below to keep up with her on Instagram and Twitter! Questions? Comments? Email her! cwebst11@kent.edu
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.