Met Gala Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The Met Gala is essentially a national holiday according to every fashionista. So on May 5th, the red carpet was one of the most luxurious of them all, with everyone’s favorite stars donning millions of dollars worth of jewels and designer gowns. Celebrities wowed the crowds exceptionally this year, looking more glamorous than Fergie herself. It was hard, be we managed to choose five of our favorites. Did your favortie celeb make the cut?

Emma Stone in Thakoon

As if crop tops aren’t already adored, Emma Stone makes this Thakoon ensemble look simple and sophisticated. And to top it off, she may just be the only person over the age of 6 to make bubble gum pink look good. You go, girl. 

Selena Gomez in DVF

Stunning in Diane von Furstenburg, Selena Gomez proves that her childish Wizards of Waverly Place persona is dead and gone. No magic tricks here, Gomez is all grown up and is killing the young Hollywood competition.

Karolina Kurkova in Marchesa

The Czechoslovakian supermodel had heads turning in this structured gown. Resembling an elegant paper crane, Karolina never fails to impress.

Beyonce in Givenchy

Queen Bey inspired us all in this black-widow stunner. Thank you Bey, for letting us know you can pull off a tight bun and a fishnet veil. We won’t be surprised if this is the next “it” headpiece after everyone gets sick of flower crowns. Will we ever see the day?

Suki Waterhouse in Burberry

As if we don’t envy her enough already for dating Bradley Cooper, model Suki Waterhouse looks like as delicate as a flower in Burberry. The blush color is also perfection, making her skin glow and red lips pop.  

Junior Fashion Merchandising student at Kent State University. Lover of Pilates, Sex and the City, Decorating, Entertaining, Marie Claire, Thai food, the Olsen twins, Christmas, and Traveling.