Meet Kent State’s Victoria’s Secret PINK Campus Reps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Everyone meet Taylor Pierce and Samantha Arslanian, Kent State’s 2017-2018 PINK Campus Representatives! These girls are super excited to be Kent State’s newest reps and have tons of amazing surprises planned for the upcoming school year. Her Campus asked them all about their brand training and upcoming events and how to become a member of their Campus Team. Check out the interview below for all the details on everything PINK this year at Kent!

Campus Representatives:

• Samantha Arslanian, 21, senior, business management & entrepreneurship and communications minor

• Taylor Pierce, 21, senior, public relations major & marketing minor

Her Campus: How did you become a Victoria’s Secret PINK Campus Representative?

Taylor Pierce: I was a member of the Kent State PINK street team during my sophomore year at Kent, which introduced me to the program. I then applied last year in March at the recommendation of the campus rep at the time. I was lucky enough to be selected to be a 2016-2017 campus rep, and worked really hard last year. When time came to apply again this past March, I was so excited for the chance to potentially get to fill this role again. I feel really blessed to have been selected two years in a row for this position.

Samantha Arslanian: I have been apart of the Kent State PINK street team since my freshmen year. My freshmen year we did not even have Kent PINK apparel, so to see where the brand has exploded to today is crazy! I applied last year for this position and did not get it, but I really committed to the program and try to be involved in social media, all events, and really make myself an aspect to the team. Thankfully that did not go unnoticed because I applied again and had a great interview and luckily was offered the position as a rep!

HC: What are your main roles as a VS PINK Campus Representative?

TP: As a VS PINK Campus Rep, our main roles include promoting the PINK brand on campus, hosting events on campus to engage our audience and running the various Kent State PINK social media platforms. We are really just trying to get as many girls as possible involved with the PINK brand in fun and creative ways.

SA: Like Taylor said we just want the brand to be known on campus. Having super cute and comfy clothing is perfect for all of us college girls. On top of that PINK offers great Kent apparel while maintaining the comfy aspect of their other clothing. We want to show you can be comfy and cute. As reps we will try to increase our following of the brand on campus. We want to include as many girls as possible with the PINK brand on campus!

HC: Tell us about Brand Certification!

TP: Brand Certification was amazing. A real dream come true. Attending  both last summer and this one, there were so many new surprises and it was truly an unforgettable experience. My favorite part of brand training each year is making all kinds of new friends from across the country, and hearing about their ideas for the upcoming school year. It was so fun attending a PINK themed festival this year, and hanging with PINK model Zuri Tibby. Brand Certification always leaves me feeling valued and overwhelmed with gratitude.

SA: I was so surprised how awesome the brand certification was. I’ve never been and all Taylor had to say about it was great things. As we walked in I felt special and can tell PINK truly values all of the reps. I learned a lot about the brand I had no idea. There were numerous events more than I thought could fit into the 3 days. I loved going to Eaton for a PINK festival. It was so cool to meet a lot of new reps, considering there are 220 total it is a great opportunity. Leaving the brand certification I am ready to take on the year with Taylor and ready to put into play all that we learned.

HC: Can you tell us a little about the upcoming events you’ll be hosting this year on campus?

TP: Sure! We have so many great things coming up that we are really excited about. A lot of the events will be announced via our social channels, so students will have to make sure to follow us on them! I can tell you that we will have something fun coming during Welcome Weekend, and that there will be an annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Viewing Party taking place in December!

SA: Of course! There are some exciting events coming up. Welcome weekend is when things get kicked off! Like Taylor said of course the Fashion Show Viewing Party and other little events and some in store events. The best way to keep updated is social channels because we can do surprise contest or have all the information you may need for the next event. These are crucial in knowing what is going on with the PINK brand!

HC: What do you ladies have planned for Welcome Weekend?

TP: We are doing something new this year that we’ve never done in the past, so be on the lookout for something very fun! Again, students can stay updated with us on our social handles.

SA: Like we said it is going to new, but so much fun! It is a new way to get even more girls involved, which is really exciting. We will be post all about it on social channels starting welcome weekend so be on the lookout!

HC: Tell us about the Campus Team; how can someone apply and join?

TP: Starting in the fall semester, we will be looking for about eight girls to fill our PINK Campus Team. These girls should be passionate about the brand, and able to dedicate some time to help us with our many events and activities. We will release the application in early September for those interested!

SA: We are really looking for girls who live in the PINK brand and it is an easy connection to this position and their everyday lives. Taylor and I want girls who want to be apart of all the events and take time out of their busy schedules to make this year a success with us. Our social media will have all the details of where and when to apply, so stay up to date on those.

HC: What are some goals of your as PINK Reps this year?

TP: I personally would love to bring the PINK bus back to Kent’s campus! It was great having it the last two years in a row and I know it’d be successful coming back again. I also want to get as many girls involved with the brand as possible, increase our social following on all platforms and I would love to win another incentive trip for my co-rep and I.

SA: Taylor and I have very similar goals. Obviously want to see the brand increase awareness and success on campus. The PINK bus would be awesome because they have the cutest things and you don’t even have to leave campus, so it’s a win win. I personally want to get more traffic to our in-store events. Our home store at Belden Village Mall is a little bit of a drive, but whenever we have in store events we offer great deals and prizes. I want as many KSU girls to take part and win some awesome stuff. Finally, Taylor and I have the goal to win another incentive trip!

HC: Why did you want to be one of the 2017-2018 PINK Campus Reps?

TP: So many reasons! Mainly because I have so much passion and admiration for the Victoria’s Secret PINK brand. I’ve always loved everything about it from the clothes to what the brand stands for. To me, PINK is such an iconic brand that brings so much joy and comfort to its customers. I love being able to have a connection to the brand and to help others find their love for it. I feel genuinely blessed to be a part of this brand in any way.

SA: Where do I start? I have worn PINK for as long as I can remember, and to actually be apart of the brand is super cool! PINK offers so many options for every girl and I love that everyone can wear it. I believe working with a company should not feel like work and PINK is the perfect example. Everyone is always so passionate about the brand and getting to represent it makes it surreal. Being able to see the brand come to life with our help makes everything worth it.

HC: How can students stay updated on everything PINK this semester?

TP: Follow us on our social handles. We will always post information about our events on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat! Each social platform serves a different purpose, so it would be a good idea to follow all of them to make sure you’re always in the know.  

SA: Definitely stay up to date on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat! We post weekly, sometimes even daily about upcoming events and promotions that PINK is offering. Each channel does something different. Such as Facebook gives all the details on events while Snapchat shows live what is going on at events. It is probably the easiest to just follow them all to stay updated on all things Kent State PINK!  

Stay updated on everything PINK by following your Kent State PINK Campus Reps on social media:

Twitter: @KentStatePINK

Instagram: @KentStatePINK

Facebook: ‘Kent State PINK’

Snapchat: KentStatePINK

Pop culture enthusiast, adventure seeker, lover of all things purple and an expert on Marilyn Monroe.