#LoveYourLocalGirlGangs: Panhellenic Council – Kent State University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Are you a student at Kent State University who is a strong feminist looking for a kick-butt women’s organization to join during your time at college? Are you unsure of which one to join? Well, look no further. This week Her Campus Kent State is doing a campaign called #LoveYourLocalGirlGangs where we will be featuring five fabulous organizations here at Kent State. The intent is to empower women while having fun and doing something they love and are passionate about! Check out the interview below for all the details of these organizations below! 

Panhellenic Council – Kent State University

`

Her Campus: What is the purpose/goal of your organization?

Panhellenic Council: To develop and maintain fraternity life and inter-fraternity relations at a high level of accomplishment. To also consider the goals/ideals of member groups as continually applicable to campus and personal life, promote superior scholarship as a basic intellectual achievement, cooperate with member fraternities and the university administration in concern for the maintenance of high social and moral standards, to act in accordance with the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC)Unanimous Agreements and policies, and finally to act in accordance with all rules established by its member fraternities. 

HC: How does your organization empower women?

Panhel: We hope that the Panhellenic Council will help our community grow in womanliness and grace, build a leadership skill set to be competitive in the workforce and retain and reinforce the values set forth by our founders.

HC: Who is in charge of your organization?

Panhel: Kaylee Peterson (Chi Omega), President with a public relations major; Emma Middeldorf (Delta Zeta), Vice President with a nursing major; Maria Faltisko (Chi Omega), Vice President of Finance with a finance major; Cameron St. Clair (Phi Mu), Vice President of Public Relations with a fashion merchandising major; Skyler Speelman (Delta Gamma), Vice President of Judicial Affairs with a fashion merchandising major; Marissa Pillitteri (Chi Omega), Vice President of Member Education with a psychology major; Lizzie Hallabrin (Delta Zeta), Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Service with an educational studies major; Haley Foster (Sigma Sigma Sigma), Vice President of Programming with a Political Science major; Rachel Stevenson (Alpha Xi Delta), Vice President of Recruitment and Retention with a public relations major; Eryn Gebacz (Alpha Xi Delta), Assistant Vice President of Recruitment with a public relations major; Mary Cappuzello (Alpha Xi Delta), Vice President of Risk Management with a integrated health studies major; Rebecca Johlie (Alpha Phi), Vice President of Scholarship with a integrated math major.

HC: Why did you join this organization?

Panhel: We all have a passion for the Greek community here at Kent State and we wanted to further involve ourselves by contributing our ideas and skills to the Panhellenic Council.

HC: Tell us about your upcoming events for this year!

Panhel: Our Women’s Empowerment Conference will take place in Spring 2018 and Songfest in Fall 2018!

HC: How does someone become a member?

Panhel: To be selected for the council, individuals must complete an online application and undergo an interview process. Applicants for president participate in a Q & A and deliver a speech during a Panhellenic General Body Meeting before being elected to the position. The current president and the newly elected president then collaborate to select the new executive board. Applications for the Panhellenic Council are due this Sunday at 11:59 p.m. and can he found here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSec0yrRR4Yj88m-62262NyXKckSuXmzSC-FnifumclPGaDZeg/viewform.

HC: How can students stay updated on everything Panhellenic Council – Kent State University?

Panhel: Come to our meetings every other Tuesday at 9 in 133 Bowman Hall, follow us on social media or check out our website to read our weekly minutes!

Stay updated on everything Panhellenic Council – Kent State University by following them on social media!

Twitter and Instagram: @ksu_panhel

Corinne Zielinski

Kent State '18

.
Pop culture enthusiast, adventure seeker, lover of all things purple and an expert on Marilyn Monroe.