This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

There’s nothing Kent State students love more than a good party and stylish clothes. The For The Love of Fashion event gives us the best of both worlds. 

On February 12, College Town Kent (CTK) will host the second annual For The Love of Fashion event at the Kent State Hotel & Conference Center. Like last year, the show will feature local vendors from GraceyLane to RUSH: Dino Palmeri Salon and Spa. You’ll also be able to sample food from the best restaurants in Kent and get drinks with your friends at a cash bar. You can purchase any clothes, accessories or beauty products you saw on the models before you even leave the hotel at a pop up shop following the show.

Each year, CTK partners with a local sorority to help raise money for their charity of choice. Delta Zeta received over $2,000 from last year’s show to benefit the Delta Zeta Foundation and their work to support the speech and hearing impaired. This year, proceeds from the For The Love of Fashion event will go to Alpha Xi Delta. The Beta Tau chapter will donate this money to Autism Speaks: an organization dedicated to advocating for autism awareness. 

A few of our Her Campus Kent State team members were able to go to the show last year, and we had a blast! We posed at the step-and-repeat, munched on amazing food from Newdle Bar and shopped for our favorite looks. 

Danie (writer), Elise (Campus Correspondent) and Gabrielle (Publicity Director) loved the show!

This year, Her Campus Kent State is lucky enough to have a table at the event. We’ll be there all night to chat with you about our site and team. You’ll also have the opportunity to sign up to receive our content in your inbox two times a month! 

Tickets are on sale now. You can purchase them for just $10 here. If you hurry, you can enter CTK’s Facebook giveaway for the chance to win two free tickets to the event. Simply like the contest post and tag a friend you’d like to bring along. 

Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show begins at 7 p.m. You’ll want to get there early, however, because the first 100 guests receive a swag bag packed with freebies. 

Writer Danie holding up her swag bag from last year’s show

Grab your friends and come check out the hottest spring trends in Kent. Don’t forget to stop by and say hi!

Senior public relations major with a passion for writing and all things beauty.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.