This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Let’s face it, whether you’re a fan or not, the Kardashian/Jenner sisters are current pop-culture legends. One thing that has stood out over years of watching these girls rise to fame is that they truly are great at branding themselves. This is what has made them such iconic celebrities.  

One in particular, Kylie Jenner, has sparked much conversation and controversy with one part of her body in particular: her lips. Let’s get real for a second, with her rumored lip injections, a constant flood of flawless selfies on our Instagram feeds and her new makeup brand, we’re all pretty intrigued. At 18 years old, she has somehow managed to create an entire brand for herself: Kylie Cosmetics.

The incredible thing is someone so young was able to create her own makeup brand, launch it to the public via Instagram and be sold out of her 29 dollar lip kits in a literal matter of minutes. Even more shocking is, according to MoneyNation.com, 20.5 million dollars of her 28 million dollar net worth (before taxes) comes from this merchandise. This girl has taken her huge social media following and used it for her own financial gain. If this wasn’t impressive enough, she did this by embracing a part of her body that she was not always confident about, her lips.

On a more recent episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians she admitted, “I have temporary lip fillers, it’s just an insecurity of mine and it’s what I wanted to do.” This just goes to show that no matter who you are, it’s normal to have insecurities. It’s inspirational that this famous teen took an insecurity and created a multi-million dollar brand based off of it. This proves that having insecurities does not always end up being a bad thing. Love her or not, this Jenner and her lips are iconic and pretty inspiring.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.