Kentcation: Little Sib’s Weekend 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

This weekend, April 10th to April 12th, is little sib’s weekend! This year’s sib’s weekend theme is “Kentcation: A Sibs Getaway,” and is being put on by Kent State’s Interhall Council. Feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to come up with ways to entertain your sibs while they’re in town? Here’s a few suggestions to get the weekend started!

Go to a baseball game.

Kent has an awesome baseball team and they are playing the Ball State Cardinals on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are free for students and inexpensive for nonstudents.

If sports aren’t you sibs thing, check out the fashion school! Kent’s fashion program is ranked third in the nation and we have a fashion museum right on campus.

If you want to get off campus, take the Esplanade to downtown Kent. You won’t run out of places to eat (reference our previous article) or shop; try Carnaby Street Styles, Figleaf Boutique, or Universitees!

Buy them a meal from the food truck, Fork in the Road. Chef Christian Booher prepares fresh comfort food daily for students and the public, featuring items such as burgers, wraps, fries, and even baklava! 

Kent’s Interhall council has worked hard to put on a successful sibs weekend. Interhall Council president Brie Jutte told HerCampus that planning sib’s weekend starts as early as December. Brie’s goal for the weekend is to show siblings that “their visit at Kent State can be a fun and eventful getaway and hopefully just as much fun as any vacation!”

Interhall council has a full itinerary for sib’s weekend. Each residence hall has a theme. On Friday night, Centennial Courts A and B will transform into Las Vegas and Korb Hall welcomes you to the jungle. Dunbar Hall offers a safari with wild minute to win it games, and Verder Hall is hosting New York / Paris fashion week complete with o’dourves and a runway. If you’re in the mood to visit the tropics, cruise to Koonce to spend time in the Bahamas, or find paradise in Prentice as they host a Hawaiian luau. Engleman Hall is bringing the happiest place on Earth to Ohio with Disney trivia, games, and food!

From late night movies in the Kiva and the Rec Center pool, to ice skating, crafting, a relaxing spa, a carnival, full inflatable obstacle courses in Manchester Field, and much more, your siblings won’t be disappointed!

Ally Strok

Kent State

Applied Communications and Public Relations major at Kent State University. Member of Chi Omega sorority. I love coffee, Paris, the Browns, my cat, and pizza.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.