Kent State University’s Mens Basketball Team to Play in March Madness Tournament

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The Kent State University Men’s basketball team clenched their spot in the March Madness Tournament after beating Akron on Saturday night. This win declared them as the Mid-American Conference (MAC) champions.

This is the first time since 2008 that Kent State has made it to the tournament. Kent State, a #14 seed, will travel to Sacramento, California to face #3 seed, UCLA, on Friday, March 17th.

Kent State students can’t contain their excitement. It’s been a long nine years since the flashes last danced in the tournament and we can’t wait to cheer them on. Good luck golden flashes!

Sammy Pesick is a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She has a passion for food and a weakness for designer purses while polka dots are her aesthetic. Sammy is currently the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Kent State where she strives to share her love of Her Campus with the Kent State community.