Culture > News

Kent State Football to Appear at the Idaho Potato Bowl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

On December 21, Kent State’s Football Team will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl at the Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho.

The Kent State Golden Flashes have a 7-6 record and will be facing the University of Wyoming Cowboys with a 6-6 record.

This news comes after a tough loss to the Northern Illinois Huskies in the MAC Championship on December 4. 

The last time Kent State won a bowl game was in 2019 when they defeated the Utah State Aggies in The Frisco Bowl.

The Flashes have had a good season, especially at home, being 5-0 at Dix Stadium. 

Kent State’s coach, Sean Lewis, has helped the team to get three winning seasons in a row. 

Dustin Crum, Kent State’s quarterback, was recently named on MAC Sports All-Conference First Team. 

The annual “Mash Bash” will take place the night before the game, December 20, at Boise Centre on The Grove Plaza. This event will feature both teams’ cheerleaders and marching bands.

The winner of the Idaho Potato Bowl will receive a championship trophy full of potatoes. 

The game is at 1:30 p.m. on December 21. You can purchase your tickets here

Grace Springer

Kent State '24

Grace is a Journalism Major and Media Advocacy Minor at Kent State University. She is interested in music and plays flute for the KSU Marching Band. Other clubs she is involved in are Sunrise Kent State and Tau Beta Sigma.