This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

No matter what time of the year, there is always new music to jam out to! Your summer playlist starts here with some of the alternative scene’s best upcoming albums.

1) Panic! at the Disco 

“Pray for the Wicked” out on June 22.

Brendon Urie and his team will be blessing us with a new album and tour starting in June. We got a taste of the new album in March when the band released two singles: “Say Amen (Saturday Night)” and “(F*** A) Silver Lining.” Both songs incorporated brass and had elements of jazz. One thing we know for sure is that Brendon Urie likes to keep his sounds diverse and unique. If you know anything about Panic’s last album “Death of a Bachelor,” you’ll know that this album is sure to please!

2) Arctic Monkeys 

“Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino” out on May 11.

It;s been far too long since we’ve heard from the creators of hits like “Fluorescent Adolescent” and “Do I Wanna Know?” Now, it’s time to break out your flannels and ripped jeans because the indie gods are returning in a week to help you get your head bang on.

3) Owl City

“Cinematic” out on June 1.

The “Fireflies” singer Adam Young has produced the happiest of hits for people of all ages to enjoy. His new single “Be Brave” will transport you back to a simpler time. The nostalgia won’t stop here and we can’t wait to see what Adam has in store.

4) 5 Seconds of Summer

“Youngblood” out on June 22. 

The 5SOS boys are always ready to give their fans a good, emo time. They made a glorious return with their radio single “Want You Back” which will make you miss your ex even if you have never dated anyone. With just a taste of what to come, we are on the edge of our seats!

5) The 1975

“Music for Cars” date TBA.

Little is known about the album at this time, but with past amazing songs like “Somebody Else” and “Robbers,” Matty Healy is sure to deliver again and again and again no matter the time.

6) Mayday Parade

“Sunnyland” out on June 15.

The kings of Warped Tour will be conquering the world of punk all over again (kinda like Jamie, am I right?) They released a new single and music video called “Piece Of Your Heart,” which is sure to give you all the feels. Mayday will forever and always bring out the rebel in all of us, especially this summer!

And the most enigmatic and anticipated album of 2018…

7) twenty one pilots

Album title and release date TBA.

The pop/alternative duo keeps dropping hints about an album that will come out in 2018. Fans have been patiently waiting since their album “Blurryface” for new tunes.They have both been very quiet on social media and it’s “stressing us out!” New music is sure to come and their large fan base will surely grow with whatever nostalgic lyrics they put out. Maybe we can expect a tour as well!

Bonus Single!

lovelytheband 

Single: “these are my friends!” coming out May 11.

lovelytheband is a new up and coming band who had a hit single called “broken.” For feel-good dance music, you can always depend on these guys.

Remember ladies… wearing black is always appropriate even in the summer. Rock on, friends!

In love with jokes, comprehensive sex ed and Stephen Colbert-- (Stephen, call me!) Kent State University Class of 2020, Current Freelance Journo Follow @MaSerra8 on Twitter and email mariaserra@hercampus.com for PR pitches!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.