Join Liraz Cohen for a Discussion on Israeli Fashion and More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Join Hillel in welcoming Liraz Cohen, an Israeli fashion mogul, for an exciting and interactive discussion about Israeli fashion from its beginnings to today. Save the date: Monday, March 28 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Rockwell Hall Auditorium.

Her discussion will include the immigrants’ influences on Israeli fashion, the effects of war on Israeli fashion, feminism and equality in the kibbutz and its impact on clothing choices, Tel- Aviv Fashion Week, Israeli fashion and Technology and, most importantly, what’s next for the Israeli fashion?

Do you want to know the answer? Join Liraz for her discussion and a personal styling session following the lecture.

“It is very hard to define what Israeli fashion really is, and through the presentation we see what the challenges are in defying it, and try to answer the question, “What is Israeli fashion?”” -Cohen

Cohen is originally from Holon, Israel and studied at Hebrew University of Jerusalem. She now resides in New York City, where she works as a fashion blogger and stylist. She was the former director of Israel programing at the Duke University Hillel, and prior to that she ran Zara Israel’s training department. Currently, she travels the country telling the story of Israeli fashion throughout time. She also manages the NY-Israel Fash&Tech community, which is a group for Israelis and other NYC residents who are involved with fashion in a technological environment. Technological environments include things like online retailers, virtual fitting, styling platforms, ecommerce platforms and 3D technology developers.

Her motto is, “Be Simple. Be You.” Find the beauty in simplicity and, as her website states, sometimes the only complicated thing is to be simple. Liraz’s blog focuses on affordable fashion and contains sections on style, beauty, food, DIY, travel, inspirations and trends.

Follow Liraz on Instagram @lirisimplebeauty and check out her blog!

Sammy Pesick is a Senior Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University with minors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She has a passion for food and a weakness for designer purses while polka dots are her aesthetic. Sammy is currently the President and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Kent State where she strives to share her love of Her Campus with the Kent State community.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.