andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

International Cutie: Alex Gray

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Her Campus is excited to introduce this week’s Campus Cutie, Alex Gray. Alex has been a member of Delta Gamma since last year, and is also a member of PRSSA. She is currently studying abroad in Italy and she’s having the time of her life. Her Campus sat down and asked her all about her trip.

Her Campus: What year are you?Alex Gray: I am a sophomore.

HC: What is your major?AG: Public Relations.

HC: What is your hometown?AG: Sheffield Lake, Ohio.

HC: Relationship Status?AG: Single.

HC: So, why did you choose to study abroad in Italy?AG: I chose to study abroad because I went to France two summers ago and since then I’ve wanted to explore more of Europe. Italy was obviously the perfect choice.

HC: What is your ideal career?AG: My ideal career would be to do PR work and event planning for an entertainment company like a music label or something.

HC: So far, what is your favorite thing about Italy?AG: My favorite thing about being in Italy is that every day I’m amazed by something new, whether I’m inside some of the oldest churches, getting a pizza or even walking across the bridge over the river. Everything is so old and beautiful!

HC: What do you miss about Kent?AG: I miss being able to walk across campus and unexpectedly see at least one person that I know.

HC: What is the most memorable thing you have seen or done while studying abroad?AG: The most memorable thing that I’ve done so far is climbing to the top of the Duomo. There are over 400 steps to get to the top but the view that over looks the city was worth the walk! It was so gorgeous!

HC: How is the food there? What is your favorite thing to eat?AG: The food here is so amazing and it’s so hard to not eat everything in sight. My favorite thing by far is the gelato! I don’t know how I’m going to survive in America when there isn’t a gelato shop on every block.

HC: What is the craziest thing that has happened to you while studying abroad?AG: The craziest experience I’ve had here was the first time that my roommates and I went grocery shopping. I had never gone grocery shopping before and it was even harder because everything was labeled in Italian and no one spoke English. After we bought everything, we all had about 5 bags of groceries each and we didn’t realize that we had a long walk back to our apartment; we were still unsure about where it was.  It took us about 30 minutes to get home and it was a traumatizing experience.

HC: Would you recommend studying abroad to others? If so, why?AG: I definitely would tell everyone that’s thinking about studying abroad to take this opportunity.  It’s such an amazing, fun experience that everyone should take advantage of.

Senior at Kent State | Victoria's Secret PINK Campus Rep
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.