Cara Difabio-Girl Looking At Phone With Coffee
Cara Difabio / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Wardrobe staples, they are the bedrock of all of our wardrobes. Staples are made up of items such as white t-shirts, a good pair of boyfriend jeans, a comfy cardigan, a simple turtleneck and of course THE BLAZER. Though all staples are important and do a lot for our outfits, I argue that the blazer may do the most. For example, earlier this week I was putting an outfit together. I had on a white t-shirt, a pair of black stretch trousers and some backless penny loafers on. I examined myself in the mirror and I just felt that my outfit wasn’t giving me the razzle dazzle I wanted it to, but then out of the corner of my eye I saw it! My blazer, the piece that was going to transform my outfit from okay to amazing. That day I got several compliments from people who liked my outfit and honestly something about wearing a blazer made me feel really powerful. I truly believe every woman should have at least one blazer in their closet at all times.

First because a blazer can make an outfit. Truly the greatest thing about blazers is that they are a statement piece, and they are a staple rolled up into one piece of clothing. You can find some many different types in so many different colors and you can have a lot of fun with them. You can belt them, leave them open or button them up.

You don’t have to spend a lot of money to purchase one. The three I own are all from the thrift store. Don’t worry about them being to big either because the oversized look is in! You can also look on ASOS though, they have some really nice ones on there.

Blazers are a piece of clothing that can turn the most timid mouse of a person and transform them into powerful, confident queen who can speak her mind. When you put that blazer on it just does something to you. Also no one, and I mean no one, has ever looked bad in a blazer.

SO GO OUT THERE AND GET YOURSELF A BLAZER! 

Elaina Mendiola

Kent State '22

Elaina is a Fashion Merchandising major at Kent State University. She enjoys watching movies, hanging out with her dogs, thrifting, listening to podcasts, and being with friends. As a Her Campus writer, she hopes to share her passions of fashion and feminism while making others laugh along the way. Her very favorite things are her dog Priscilla, Manrepeller, and the podcast True Crime Obsessed.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.