Starbucks
Starbucks
Hunter Honeg / Spoon

I Tried All the Starbucks Holiday Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It is that time of year which means Starbucks’ holiday drinks are back. There are five festive flavors this year, and of course, they come in the fun red and green holiday cups. Here is a quick little review of each of the flavors, so you can decide which one you need to get later today.

Peppermint Mocha

Whenever I think of a holiday drink, a peppermint mocha is the first thing that comes to mind. This has been a staple Starbucks holiday item for many years and for very good reason. I am a big fan of the combination of mint and chocolate, so for me, this drink is delicious. It is cool, yet soothing, and the best part is the whipped cream and chocolate flecks on top.

Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

This drink tastes like a candle but in the best way possible. It is very sweet, so if you are not a fan of sugary coffees, be warned. Personally, when I tried this for the first time, I immediately wanted to get ten more. I can definitely tell you that this will be my go-to drink for this holiday season. 

Caramel Brulée Latte

In my opinion, this drink tastes very similar to a caramel macchiato. Again, it’s very sweet and has a strong caramel flavor. I do enjoy this one, however, it’s one that I can’t drink a lot of because it has such an intense flavor.

Chestnut Praline Latte

As for the holiday drinks this year, I feel as though this one is the tamest and isn’t nearly as sweet as the others. Last year, this flavor was a go-to for me as it reminds me of hazelnut flavored coffee, one of my favorites. The best part of this drink was the praline crumbles on top for that added bit of crunch.

Eggnog Latte

This was the drink I was the most afraid to try as I’m not normally an eggnog fan. After trying it, however, I have to say it isn’t the worst. The flavor is very unique and something I find hard to describe. I didn’t taste any coffee flavor in there as the nutmeg flavor was so strong. If you are a fan of eggnog, I definitely suggest you try it out for yourself, however, I don’t think I will be ordering again for myself.

That’s all the holiday drinks for this year, but there are also so many fun holiday food items I didn’t mention, from sandwiches and pastries to desserts. Make sure to grab a gingerbread loaf, thanksgiving leftover sandwich or peppermint brownie cake pop with your next order!

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.