books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

How to Make the Rest of Your Semester Count

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Everyone has the summer anticipation because freedom is so close. While we can’t wait for summer to be here, we should really appreciate our school for all of the experience we can only get in one place- Kent, Ohio. Make it a goal to mark some of these off of your pre-summer list.

Paint the rock.

My roommates and I have made this our goal to do before we leave for home. This is a long lasting Kent tradition that everyone should do.

Stay on campus over the weekends.

Enjoy the free time you have and stay local over the weekends! Take a stroll downtown as the weather gets warmer, take the long way to the lib to study or just look out your window to enjoy the views of Kent.

Sign your name at Ray’s and eat a juicy burger.

Enjoy one of Kent’s most famous restaurants and leave your mark on their walls. Also, make sure you get the fries with your bacon cheeseburger.

Hangout with as many friends as you can.

College is tricky once you’re on a break because you don’t see everyone you’re used to seeing on the daily once distance separates you. Make sure to have lunch, a study date or go out with your friends you won’t see this summer.

Work hard on preparing for your finals

You’ll regret it if you don’t try your absolute hardest on your final work for the semester. This is your time to reflect on everything you know from your semesters work. Take time on studying and preparing to be the best student possible.

Soak up Kent while you can, you’re only here for four years, and it can go by fast!

Erin Simonek

Kent State

Kent State University | Broadcast Journalism Major | Political Science/ Public Relations Minor 
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.