This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Throughout my time in quarantine, I have found I’ve been expressing myself creatively in many different ways. One way is by redecorating my bedroom! For as long as I can remember I felt as if my bedroom had no sense of cohesiveness. Thus, I decided to get inspiration from one of my favorite social media platforms of all time, Pinterest. One tip I have is to create an inspiration board. This way all your ideas are located in one place that is easy to find. Personally, my inspiration came from bedroom photos that had a similar style to Urban Outfitters. Here is my personal Pinterest link

Here are a few tips and tricks to creating your Pinterest perfect bedroom!

Find a bright/neutral wall color

At the age of 13, I had the great idea to paint my bedroom walls a bright teal color. However, as I’ve gotten older, I have outgrown the teal and I was ready for an upgrade. One tip I have is to create a very plain base as your wall. I recommend various shades of whites and light greys. This way, in the future, you can add as much decor to the walls as you want without it looking too chaotic.

Find the right bedding color for you!

Going along with my teal walls, I also had bright blue bedding. I loved the color blue as you can see. In order to create a certain aesthetic, you are aiming for it may be a good idea to switch your current bedding for a neutral color. However, you can most definitely have a fun color as your bedding to give your room a pop of color. It’s all based on what aesthetic you are trying to get across. I have linked a few of my favorite beddings below!

Bedding #1  Bedding #2

Add a fun rug!

One way to create a space that’s very inviting is to add a cool rug. Adding a rug not only adds character to a room, but it also makes a room feel cozier. If you’re like me, the comfier the better. I have linked a few fun rugs below!

Rug #1 Rug #2  Rug #3

Wall Decor

Adding any sort of wall decor definitely can transform a space. When looking on Pinterest, I found many inspirational pictures of gallery walls that I liked, however, they were very expensive. Thus, I decided to create my own! All you need is a printer and some old picture frames and you are good to go. If you do not have a printer, you can easily create your own artwork to hang up on the wall.

Plants, plants and more plants

In every single bedroom picture I found on Pinterest some sort of plant was in it. Now, I cannot keep a plant alive for the life of me. Thus, for people like me we have the amazing creation of fake plants. Adding any sort of greenery in your bedroom automatically livens up your space. It also adds colors and texture. I’m not sure if this is just me, but it also makes me feel inspired and productive. One fun way to add plants to your bedroom is to get hanging shelves. I especially love hanging plants on the shelves. I have linked my favorite pair of hanging shelves from amazon here. And they are under $30!

I hope these tips helped you create your dream bedroom!

Livi Harmat

Kent State '23

Livi is a junior studying Fashion Merchandsing at Kent State University. In her free time, Livi can be found taking photos, reading, and going to trendy (but yummy) restaurants
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.