How To Accessorize Your Favorite Pieces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

There are many pieces that almost all girls have somewhere inside of their wardrobes. We all have these basic items and wear them often, but how can we make them look new and different next time we put them on? These 4 ways to accessorize your favorite pieces should give you a little inspiration!

1.     Everyone owns a basic white tee. Try dressing the tee up a little more next time by pairing it with colorful pants and your brightest bag.

2.     A little black dress is a wardrobe staple and since wearing it more than once is inevitable, adding a statement necklace to the outfit will make it look different each time.

3.     At some point in time, most of us have collected a simple striped top. Instead of just pairing it with jeans alone, try adding a quilted vest overtop of it for an updated look.

4.     In the fall months flannel shirts have recently become popular and they are great for keeping warm. But, to make them even more stylish add chunky scarves and crossbody bags.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.