This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s that time of year when women are shopping for the hottest summer swimsuits. Following these trends will make you the hottest beach goer or swim club regular. 

Several styles from last summer are carrying over to today, one being ruffles and fringe. 

Another trend that made an appearance last year, but is coming back in full force this year, is the cutout swimsuit. 

If you follow Coachella fashion trends, then you know the new look is “cold shoulders.” That look can also be applied to this year’s swimsuits. 

If patterns and colors aren’t your thing, a little black bathing suit will never do you wrong. Black is always classy and slimming and will never go out of style, no matter what year it is. However, according to Miami Swim Week, this summer is all about black leather swimsuits. 

Many other swimsuit trends will be popular this summer: one-piece swimsuits, crochet, lace-up, high waisted, high neckline, sporty, animal print and many more. Be sure to check out Miami Swim Week this July for all of the hottest swimsuit trends for 2016.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.