This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Finals week is upon us.  For those days when you want to crawl back under the covers and sleep until winter break rolls around, keep in mind that you can start over at any moment. Here are a few simple ways to hit the reset button on a stressful day, from one college gal to another.

1. Take a Walk

If you’ve been laboring inside for hours on end, take a walk to get some fresh air and rest your mind. If its freezing AF outside, consider walking to Starbucks for a hot drink. This brings me to my next point…

2. Splurge on the little things

You know what they say, it’s the little things in life. If you’re feeling stressed, go get yourself that peppermint mocha.

3. Call someone you KNOW will make you laugh

We all have that one person in our lives we can count on to crack us up.  It’s no secret laughter does wonders, and sometimes you need a good laugh to make you remember that life is not dull, but rather full of joy.

4.  Take a hot shower

Anyone who takes hour-long showers can attest to the fact that they are a form of meditation.  All of your problems go down the drain.

5.  Get in the Holiday spirit

It can be tough to remember that Christmas is only a few weeks away.  If you’re feeling stressed, some holiday music, decorating or shopping might do you good!

6.  Grab some food with friends

All the times we grab food to go in between classes makes us forget the fun of sitting down with some friends to eat.  This can be a difficult task, especially since everyone is running on their own schedules come finals week. However, even if you can find one person to grab some lunch with you, you’ll be glad you did.  We have to eat, so break up your study sessions with authentic meals instead of practically inhaling ramen at 2 AM.

7.   Do something you love

We make time for what we do in our day.  If something would be beneficial to your well being, make time for it!  Things seem complicated, but in truth they are simple. Even if it’s only for a little bit, do whatever makes you happy every day. 

Cheers, and take care of yourself!

Melanie Gordon

Kent State '22

Melanie Gordon is in her first year as a fashion design major at Kent State University. Someday, she hopes to have her own clothing line. She is from St. Louis, Missouri, so is, of course, a die-hard Cardinals fan. When she isn't drawing clothes or writing, you can find her sitting outside in the sun, laughing at the little things in life, or shopping with her girlfriends. She counts family, black coffee, and traveling to new places as some of the best things in life.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.