Here’s what you and your “Boo” should do to get into the fall spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

The first weekend of Fall was brutal thanks to the hot sun, but now that the air is crisp enough it is time to enjoy some fall activities. Most of us are pro-fall which is amazing, however you may be thinking about how you can incorporate fall-themed hobbies into your usual date night routine. Here are five ideas to get you out and embracing fall.  

1. Go to Pumpkin Patch

As basic as it sounds. A pumpkin patch is the simplest way to get outside and enjoy the fall weather. Besides the adorable atmosphere that comes along with the experience, there are numerous activities that are included with your admissions ticket into the farm. You and your boo can pick out pumpkins that you can carve or paint later, go on a hayride, drink apple cider or go through the corn maze. Even sneak in a cinnamon doughnut because we all know diets start on Monday. 

2. Go to an Apple Orchard

If pumpkins aren’t your thing then the apple orchard might be the perfect alternative. Going out and picking apples is the perfect bonding opportunity to have with your significant other. Not to mention the fact that it is a perfect photo opportunity. Afterward you can make caramel apples, because nothing says Fall more than something covered in caramel and peanuts.

3. Go to a Haunted House

If you’re into scary movies, you’ll definitely be into a haunted house. You can go to one that is simple and makes you jump a little or you can go to the extreme of being touched while walking through the haunted house. Most haunted houses give out great group discounts so this is the perfect opportunity to introduce your boo to your friends! A group date is great for haunted houses because you can laugh at one another while being scared out of your mind. The scariness will be totally worth it when you get to hold your guy’s hand. 

4. Get your three dollar burritos

You read that right, 3 dollar burritos. This is the perfect opportunity to show off your super cute matching costume to the world. Every Halloween, Chipotle gives out 3 dollar “booritos” for everyone who comes to Chipotle in their Halloween costume. Bonnie and Clyde just might have to make an appearance this year. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that all the proceeds go to charity!

5. Have a bonfire and roast some s’mores

Whether it is indoors next to the fireplace or outside with the stars, a fire is a must in the fall. There is no better excuse to put on fuzzy socks, leggings and a big sweatshirt than a comfy fire. Roast marshmallows and drink hot chocolate while you’re cuddling with your bae. A couple scary stories wouldn’t hurt to set the Halloween mood. Enjoy a gooey s’more and put on some John Mayer tracks.

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.