absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Here’s What to Expect From This Year’s Her Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Guess what? It’s that time of the year again: Her Week at Kent State!

Our Girl Gang here at Her Campus could not be more excited for all the festivities, and we want to see all of YOU there! If you haven’t heard of Her Week before, it’s basically a week-long party where we celebrate all things girl power, so if you’re thinking, sign me up, we don’t blame you!

Here’s the rundown of next week’s events:

Monday, April 8th: Her Empowerment

Want to brush up on your self-defense? We will be hosting a night where the Kent State Police department will instruct us on how to defend ourselves. We can all feel even more empowered within ourselves and our abilities after this night! Not to mention, there will be free donuts. Just saying. 

When? 7 p.m.

Where?  KSC Room 310C

Tuesday, April 9th: Her Career

There are so many ways to become a girl boss today. Come surround yourself with forward-thinking women to network, laugh and discuss ways in which we can bring each other up. We’re partnering with the Kent State Women’s Center, and you won’t want to miss out!

When? 7 p.m.

Where? Bowman 137

Wednesday, April 10th: Her Health

Come WERQ it all out with two of the coolest groups on campus, Her Campus and CHAARG. We couldn’t agree more with CHAARG that owning your fitness is owning your life, so it shouldn’t be a chore! If you’ve never taken a WERQ class before, trust us, you’ll never want to go back to the treadmill again.

**Please bring a box of feminine products to donate to the Women’s Center as your entry fee. Let’s share the love ladies**.

When? 8:15 p.m.

Where? The Rec Center Studio 2

Thursday: April 11th: Her Party

And finally, the night we’ve all been waiting for, Her Party at Barflyy! Her Campus is celebrating five years on campus and we want you to come join us! Our party is 90’s themed so show up in your best 90’s grunge looks! There will be pizza, pop, raffles and photo ops. Need we say more? All are welcome, so bring your friends!

When? 6:30 p.m.

Where? Barflyy in Downtown Kent,100 E Erie St.

Melanie Gordon

Kent State '22

Melanie Gordon is in her first year as a fashion design major at Kent State University. Someday, she hopes to have her own clothing line. She is from St. Louis, Missouri, so is, of course, a die-hard Cardinals fan. When she isn't drawing clothes or writing, you can find her sitting outside in the sun, laughing at the little things in life, or shopping with her girlfriends. She counts family, black coffee, and traveling to new places as some of the best things in life.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.