Here is Where to Shop if You Want to Look Like a Member of “Daisy Jones and the Six”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Amazon Prime’s newest show, “Daisy Jones and the Six”, gives an inside look at the rise and fall of a Fleetwood Mac-esque band in 1970s California. Originally based on the Taylor Jenkins-Reid novel of the same name, fans have become absolutely captivated by the styling featured in the series.

THe Hippie Shake

The Hippie Shake is a London-based online clothing store with an emphasis on 70s inspired fashion. The garment prices are quite fair as the clothing company practices slow fashion. Beyond sustainability, they have a wide size range and also sell true vintage pieces on their website as well. Whether you want the Daisy Jones hippie look or Karen’s posh London vibe, you can find it here.

Mod Cloth

ModCloth sells a large variety of vintage-inspired pieces with a focus in inclusivity. All of their products can be found in the extra small to 4x size range. It is a women-ran company that has worked with many organizations such as The National Domestic Violence Hotline and The Trans Wellness Center. The brand is committed to ethically produced pieces and even has their own resale site for used ModCloth items.

Unique Vintage

Unique Vintage is a vintage-inspired women’s clothing brand with a huge selection. You can even shop their website by decade from the 1920’s to the 1990’s. Each of their products are designed for every woman, and size inclusivity is a top priority for this company. They have everything from flapper dresses to bell bottom jeans.

Buckle

Originally a denim retailer, Buckle now sells a huge variety of clothing for men, woman, and children. For any Daisy Jones and the Six fan, Buckle’s website has many 70’s inspired pieces. Flared jeans, thick belts and fringe are only a small portion of what Buckle offers.

Madewell

Madewell is a sustainability-focused clothing company who creates garments that are made to last. Many of their pieces offer a vintage-feel such as their wide leg jeans and flowing tops. Madewell is a more expensive brand, but their long lasting pieces are so worth it.

Free People

Free People has actually partnered with Daisy Jones and the Six to create a capsule collection based on the show. All of the pieces are beautiful, but most consumers can not afford to spend $700 on a blazer. I recommend searching through Free People’s sale section for boho pieces in a reasonable price range.

lucky Brand

Lucky Brand was originally a denim company that now focuses on Americana clothing. The company is very transparent about their sustainability and environmental goals for the future. Besides their jeans, they sell a variety of maxi dresses and cardigans, for those who want to live out their Camila dreams.

Actual vintage

My best recommendation would be to find actual clothing pieces from the 1970’s. Resale sights such as Depop and Poshmark sell a variety of different vintage garments, adding more everyday to their websites. Local thrift stores will give you the best deals. Three dollars for a peasant blouse is a dream come true!

Lily Cassida

Kent State '26

Lily is a Special Education major at Kent State University. She is originally from Pittsburgh, PA. She enjoys watching Keira Knightley movies, buying vintage clothes and playing with her dog, Dixie.