Her Campus guide to Northeast Ohio’s haunted houses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Jack-O-Lanterns. Caramel apples. Bonfires. Oktoberfest. Fall Festivals. Chunky Scarves. Oversized sweaters. Colorful leaves. 

These are all the things most people look forward to in the fall. With Halloween just around the corner, we know those of you seeking a thrill must have haunted houses on your minds. These start at the end of September or beginning of October and typically occur every weekend through to Halloween. Hours may vary, depending on the house. We’ve compiled a list of haunted houses, as well as links to their informational sites, in Northeast Ohio for you to check out. To quote Goosebumps, “Viewers beware. You’re in for a scare.” 

Haunted Schoolhouse & Laboratory – Akron

Bloodview Haunted House – Broadview Heights

Ultimate Escape Challenge – Broadview Heights

Carnival of Horrors at Blossom Music Center – Cuyahoga Falls

Hudson Haunted House – Hudson

Factory of Terror – Canton

Escape Canton – Canton

Fear Forest – Youngstown

Nightmare in the Wilderness–  Lodi

Seven Floors of Hell – Middleburg Heights

Lake Eerie Fearfest at Ghostly Manor Thrill Center – Sandusky

Fortress of Fear Scream Park – Garrettsville

Land of Illusion – Middleton

Hauntville Haunted House – Elyria

The Barber Haunt – Barberton

Lauren Milligan is a senior English major at Kent State University. In addition to writing for Her Campus, she is also a content creator for the Odyssey. When she's not scribbling in her journal, sipping coffee and writing at Tree City Coffee, she is probably feeding her horror movie obsession or hitting up local bookstores to contribute to the small library in her bedroom.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.