This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

As females, we have to do so much work to make sure that our eyebrows look neat and clean. It is always so frustrating when, after all the plucking and waxing is done, your brows still do not look as perfect as you would like them to. Here are some tricks to try if you are looking to up your brow game.

First, we need to start with our tools. There are so many products out there that are said to be the best when it comes to brows. There are palettes, pencils, gels and even mascaras for your eyebrows. These products are offered in a wide rang of different colors. Picking the right tool is important. When creating your dream brow shape, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is going to be your best bet. It has a twist-up crayon on one end allowing you to have control, and a bristled wand on the other end to blend out your lines. This product is great because you do not need to press down hard to get pigment and it comes in a whole array of colors.

Once you have your brow-shaping tool in hand, you need to think about the shape you want your brows to be. The beginning of each of your brows should be diagonal from the tip of your nose. They should start out thick and then become thinner past the arch. Decide whether you want a dramatic arch or an arch that has more subtlety to it.

Now that you know what you want your brows to look like, it’s time to start sculpting! Take your brow tool and lightly outline your eyebrows in the shape you want. Start angling your tool upwards where you want your arch to begin and fill in that area darker. Shade in the empty spots in the outline you drew to make a solid shape. The beginning of the brow should be shaded the lightest and the top of the arch should look the darkest.

After you are satisfied with the shape of your brows, use the wand part of your brow tool and smooth it over both of your eyebrows. Do this a few times until all of the lines you created are blended together and are not too bold. Take a little bit of concealer with a defining brush and place it around your brows to clean up the edges and make them look extra sharp! Since you worked so hard on these brows, you want them to be noticed. Dust on a little bit of white eye shadow right underneath your arch. This gives a good highlight and makes the brows pop just a little bit more.

Using these tips and tricks will make your eyebrows be on point every time. Happy sculpting!

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.