This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Don’t want to feel left out during the big game? Check out our guide to the Super Bowl!

This year marks the 49th Super Bowl in history. The game will be played in University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. Both the Seahawks (1-1) and the Patriots (3-4) have been to the Super Bowl before. Critics say that the Patriots will come out on top, but the Seahawks are known for their strong defense.Idina Menzel will start the game off with the National Anthem and Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz will perform during half-time.

While the winner has yet to be determined, word on the field is that they will be taking home a Tiffany & Co. ring.  

[pagebreak]

The Seattle Seahawks

Record: 12-4Super Bowl Appearances: The Seahawks most recently played in last year’s game against the Denver Broncos. This will be their third Super Bowl.Colors: The team’s official colors are Bright Green, Blue, and Silver. Plan your outfits accordingly.Team Cuties:

Russell Wilson #3Position: Quarterback Fun Fact: He’s from Cincinnati, Ohio

Doug Baldwin #89Position: Wide receiver

Steven Hauschka #4Position: Kicker

[pagebreak]

The New England Patriots

Record: 12-4Super Bowl Appearances: This will be the Patriots’ eighth Super Bowl game. They have won only 3 out of their last 7 matchups.Colors: The Patriots’ official colors are Nautical Blue, White, New Century Silver, and Red.Team Cuties:

Tom Brady #12Position: Quarterback

Julian Edelman #11Position: Wide receiverFun Fact: He’s a Kent State alum!

Josh Kline #67Position: Offensive lineman  Fun Fact: He’s also a Kent State alum!

[pagebreak]

Terms to Know:

Backfield: Players behind the line of scrimmage.Down: A period of action that starts when the ball is put into play and ends when the ball is dead (the play is over).            -The offense gets 4 downs (or attempts) to move the ball 10 yards. If the team doesn’t do this, they must give the ball to the opponent. End Zone: A 10-yard area at each end of the field. This is where you score a touchdown!Field Goal: A kick worth 3 points.Fumble: The act of losing possession of the ball while running or being tackled.   Huddle: When the 11 players on the field come together to discuss strategy between plays.Interception: A pass that is caught by a defensive player ending the offense’s possession of the ball.Line of Scrimmage: An imaginary line that extends from where the football is placed at the end of a play to either side of the field.Rushing: To advance the ball by running, not passing.Safety: A score worth 2 points that the defense earns by tackling an offensive player in possession of the ball in his own endzone. Touchdown: A score worth 6 points that occurs when a player in possession of the ball crosses the plane of the opponent’s goal line.

Danie Minor

Kent State

Hey there! My name is Danie Minor, and I am a recent graduate of Kent State. I was a PR major who minored in Fashion Media Writing. I am currently on the job hunt and would love to work within the lifestyle PR realm. I am a city girl from the D.C. metro area. Make sure you check out my personal blog: Definingdanie.com! You can also find me on socialite @danieminor13!
Senior public relations major with a passion for writing and all things beauty.