Getting Organized for the New Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

A new semester is like a fresh, clean slate. Maybe last semester didn’t go so well, or you formed some bad habits that resulted in some grades you weren’t exactly proud of. The good news is that, with a new semester, you have the chance to start over and get your life together for a kick-ass semester. Here are some tips on getting organized for what is sure to be a great semester:

First and foremost, get a planner! It will be so much easier for you to see everything you need to do if you write it out in a planner. You can get planners pretty much anywhere. Sites like Amazon, Lily Pulitzer and even Kent’s bookstore sell planners for students. If you don’t want to carry around a planner, a calander you can hang by your desk would work too. Anything you can write your obligations and due dates on would be fine!

A huge tip for writing in your planner or calander is color coding. Pick a diffrent color for your classes, sorority, job, extra clubs, anything. Make everything its own color so it is extremely easy for you to see what you have when. 

Once you have everything written out and you realize how much you having going, you need to make time to sit down an prioritize your time. Organizing your time and having time mangament skills is the key to having an organized and successful semester. Make a time to go to the library and get your work done. Make sure you know which assignments are due first and get them done right away. Don’t forget to make time to sleep and stay healthy, too. 

Once you’re organized, you will be ready to take on your classes. Don’t get overwhellemed or stressed out with how much you have to do. Make a plan and manage your time; once you do, everything will seem much simpler!

You should also check out the calendar at the bottom of our homepage to see what’s going on here at Kent State! 

Hi! I'm Taylor Robinson. I'm a sophomore journalism major at Kent State. I like Parks and Rec and hanging out with my dog.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.