This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Kent State Sorority Recruitment is starting today! Recruitment can be a crazy time so here are a few pieces of advice from each of the seven presidents. Good luck finding your home!

Alpha Phi- Kaylee Schaefer

Why Kaylee loves Alpha Phi: Alpha Phi is much more than just a sorority, it is a family. These women have been my support system for 4 years, and have gotten me through some of the most difficult times of college. Alpha Phi does so much for the community and our philanthropy the Alpha Phi Foundation, it is so rewarding to be a apart of a group of women that have a passion for our cause! Graduating this year will be the hardest thing I have ever done, however I know that Alpha Phi is not four years its for a lifetime!! 

Recruitment Tip for PNMs: Just be yourself! Every sister of each chapter has been in your shoes before, so we know it can be over whelming. Just take a deep breath and know it will all work out and you will find your home! 

Alpha Xi Delta- Nicole Seredich 

Why Nicole loves Alpha Xi Delta: I never realized how many opportunities would emerge after going Greek. Alpha Xi Delta has truly changed my life in so many ways over these past 3 years. My chapter has forever impacted my life.

Recruitment tip for PNMs: Keep an open mind to all chapters while going through recruitment. I also strongly encourage everyone to not talk about their thoughts or feelings to anyone while going through the process. You need to make the best decision for yourself and not be pressured by people around you, a roommate, or even your best friend.

Chi Omega- Sara Jones

Why Sara loves Chi Omega: I love being in Chi Omega because it has opened up so many doors for me; I have opportunities for leadership, community service, and academic success all while making life long friendships with my sisters!

Recruitment tip for PNMs: Don’t worry about what sorority your best friend is interested in, go where YOU feel comfortable. You can still be best friends even if you’re in different chapters!

Delta Gamma- Karianne Johnsen

Why Karianne loves Delta Gamma: When I used to be a camp counselor at home in Maryland, I had a camper that was visually impaired. Joining an organization that provides aid to the blind and visually impaired, raises awareness about blindness and prevention and provides services to those suffering from visual impairments allowed me to continue to make a difference at Kent State like I did at home. Through my volunteer experience in Delta Gamma and various leadership opportunities, my sisters have helped mold me into the woman I always wanted to become. I am now a volunteer for the Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind, a one-on-one program were volunteers are matched with adults who are blind or visually impaired to assist with daily activities such as reading mail, grocery shopping, or running errands in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. My sisters inspire me to “do good” every day.

Recruitment tip for PNMs: Be true to yourself and follow your heart.

Delta Zeta- Taylor Winter

Why Taylor loves Delta Zeta: A few reasons why I love my chapter: I love my sorority because I can truly be myself. I love how I have gotten to see my sisters grow in this chapter. I thrive off others and their successes within Delta Zeta and on campus.  

Recruitment Tips for PNMs: Please keep an open mind, and trust that you will end up where you’re supposed to. It’s a crazy ride, and you won’t regret it! It’s a great way to meet new people and get to know the whole Greek community. Take it all in and enjoy yourself!! Have fun :)

Phi Mu- Lindsay Tura

Why Lindsay loves Phi Mu:I love being in Phi Mu because it has given me the opportunity not only to meet amazing girls but girls who will one day be my bridesmaids. I never would have thought Greek life would have impacted my life this much but I’m so thankful that it has. 

Recruitment Tip for PNMs: Relax and be yourself! 

Sigma Sigma Sigma- Elizabeth Cmar

Why Elizabeth loves Sigma Sigma Sigma: I love my chapter, but more importantly, I love being a member of my chapter. This experience has changed my entire college career, and I will graciously encourage those contemplating joining a sorority to do so. I have gained confidence, joy, and a family. If you would have told me in high school that I would end up becoming the President of a sorority in college, I would have laughed in disbelief. I now stand here as a proud, young woman who is ready to go out into the world and make a positive difference, and I must thank Tri Sigma for helping me become such.   

Recruitment Tip for PNMs: Don’t worry too much about where you’ll end up or what will happen the next morning; what’s meant to happen will happen. Every chapter here at Kent State is incredibly awesome, and I have grown to love and respect each of them as they are throughout my experience. If you end up being invited somewhere that you had not originally hoped for, take the chance, and I promise that you will be making an incredible decision. 

Sarah Cahn

Kent State

Ciao! My name is Sarah and I am a graduate student working towards my MBA. I graduated from Kent in May with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. I am a gluten free world traveler, wine lover, and Olsen enthusiast.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.