galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

Galentine’s Day Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

February is fast approaching. That means only means one thing: time to start planning Galentine’s Day. Throw on your heart-shaped sunnies and get ready to do something epic, because you and your best girlfriends are about to make February 13th one to remember. 

Parks And Recreation Happy Galentines Day GIF by NBC - Find & Share on GIPHY

Galentine’s Day can become one of the most fabulous days of the year if you simply ditch the idea that it is merely a sad attempt to distract yourself from the fact that you don’t have a Valentine. Honestly, I think it’s time to celebrate your perfect single self and all of your besties. 

Now, let’s get down to the business of celebrating. 

First, we must start with the outfit. “Look good feel good,” is our motto here. I think it’s important to stick to the more classic Valentine’s Day aesthetic, so keeping within the red/pink color scheme is key. 

From here, you can go the sexier route by styling a tight dress and heels or a little corset and leather pants. A sultry smokey eye look and red lip will top the look off perfectly and match that classic “hot girl” vibe we are going for. Add some heart-shaped jewelry and you are all set.

Camila Mendes Outfit Change GIF by The Chainsmokers - Find & Share on GIPHY

The other option is to go the cutesy “fantasy” aesthetic—think Cassie from Euphoria. This look can be hyper-feminine. Consider a pink balloon-sleeve top and mini skirt and pair it with some white tights and Mary Janes. Pull it all together with an extra glittery eye and a flawless base. Stick to a nude lip and extra gloss, and you are ready to go.

Excuse Me Pink GIF by euphoria - Find & Share on GIPHY

For Galentine’s Day activities, I suggest checking out your bestie’s favorite dinner option, especially if it is sushi. The dessert is the main course, however, and certainly the most important. Even better: make a Target run and pick up every heart-shaped chocolate you see. And don’t skip the ice cream aisle. You both deserve your own pint. 

What Galentine’s Day celebration is complete without a photoshoot? Find something white or neutral to use as a backdrop and gather all the Valentine-appropriate props you can find. Hit up Pinterest for inspiration and just have some silly fun! 

Now it’s time to binge some romcoms (or whatever genre suits your fancy). Cheers your Galentine with your pint of ice cream, dip in your spoon and snuggle in. 

Wash off your smokey eye, wrap yourself in cozy PJs and call it a success. 

Happy Galentine’s Day! 

Annie Gleydura

Kent State '24

I am Annie Gleydura. I’m a sophomore majoring in Fashion Merchandising and minoring in both fashion media and creative writing. My passions include fashion, writing, art, and makeup.