This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

You are about to embark on a life-changing journey that will truly set the bar for your college career. Making the decision to join a sorority will put you on a path to meeting life-long friends, gaining leadership skills, and making connections across the country. 

To prepare you for this long, enduring week here are a few necessities to help you be the best version of yourself through formal recruitment. 

Lifesavers mints

Don’t let the name fool you; these mints will really save your life. You will be talking to countless numbers of sorority girls, for hours at a time. A few of these mints in between every round of recruitment will make a huge difference when you’re explaining to each recruiter why you decided to Go Greek.

Bottled water & granola bars

Recruitment involves lots of standing and walking. Being that it’s September, it’s still a little hot outside and you’ll want to have some water handy. To prevent passing out, or getting light headed, make sure you are drinking lots of water and snacking in between rounds on granola bars or pretzels; something small you can pack in a purse.

Lip balm

With all of the chatter and conversation in the air, your lips will become chapped at some point in the week. Having a lip balm in your back pocket or in the side pocket or your purse will help you be easy, breezy, beautiful and recruitment ready. 

Hot tea

By the end of the week, or even halfway through, you will begin to lose your voice. Sipping on hot tea with the friends you’ve made during the recruitment week is a great way to wind down from the craziness and look back at the amazing memories you’ve already made. 

Prepare to receive a bid to your home away from home and take advantage of every opportunity your sisters show you. These girls will guide you into becoming the best possible version of yourself. So relax, breathe, pack your bags with this survival kit and enjoy the week! Happy formal recruitment!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.