Five Instagram Accounts to Get You Through Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

We all have so much time on our hands right now, and I’ve been spending a lot of mine online. Although working towards a life without needing to check social media constantly is something that I think everyone could benefit from, staying connected is more important now than ever.

To keep my scrolling light and fun, I’ve realized there are a few accounts that I’ve been obsessed with lately. Inspiration is easily lost right now, but with these amazing accounts, you’ll pick it right back up.

Man Repeller

Need some inspo to wear all of your cute spring outfits and dresses without actually having anywhere to wear them? Look no further. Not only is the Man Repeller network full of fun people dedicated to simply living life without caring about the opinions of others, but they also offer advice and words of wisdom that I’ve grown to love. Right now, their hashtag #goingnowherebutfuckitimgettingdressed is more important than ever. Who said outfits had to match and be perfect to be worth showing off?

Bon Appetit

Cooking is easily one of my favorite activities to do, whether I’m quarantined or not. It is easy to get stuck in a rut or feel stretched when trying to think of interesting recipes to create, but Bon Appetit is here to fix that. Their endless supply of simple, delicious, and gorgeous recipes will be easy to add to your personal cookbook. Bonus points if you head to their YouTube channel to see their Test Kitchen team in action, you won’t be disappointed.

Accidentally Wes Anderson

Wes Anderson’s films have long been applauded for their gorgeous and unique locations and sets, making any indie film lover’s dream come true. This Instagram posts photos from places around the world that look as though they belong in one of Anderson’s films and will instantly transport you away from your living room.

Strange Planet

Ever wonder what aliens would do if they lived normal lives on Earth as we do? Cartoonist Nathan Pyle did, so he created various comics hilariously describing the plainest events in even simpler terms. I think the comics are hilarious, they allow you to look at life from a different perspective. Prepare to “imagine pleasant nonsense.”

Frankie Darling

Want to play around and let your inner makeup artist out but don’t know where to start? A quick scroll through Frankie’s Insta feed will give you all of the ideas to get you going. From the simplest pop of neon to a full-on leopard face, you can spend hours copying or making your own looks based on her innovative styles.

Happy ‘gramming!

Paige Sammons

Kent State '22

Paige is a sophomore student at Kent State University studying fashion design and minoring in accessories. When not writing, you can find Paige baking, painting, or sewing. She loves the environment, catching up with friends at coffee shops and caring for her cactus, Clarence.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.