Style

Five Empowering Spring Trends from Street Style’s Latest

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

This season, find power in styles that feel just right, with an understated appeal that keeps things real. Also, keep an eye out for trends that reflect the natural world and global environmental efforts.

1. Saturated Color

This trend has been on the rise now for a couple seasons, and is a go-to for impact. When you wear strong color, you have no choice but to own your space.  Pick simple silhouettes with minimal design details in shades that feel like you.

Photographed by Phil Oh

2. Ethereal Floral Prints

More and more consumers are demanding eco-friendly apparel, so floral prints are making their way into the springtime regime. It’s a time to find power in feminine styling.

3. White boots

Ah simplicity. Yes they are still in, and yes they make an outfit.  

Photographed by Phil Oh

4. Earthy Fabrics

As the conversation on garment production continues, natural fabrics like linen keep the conversation going while maintaining easy-breezy appeal. As spring turns into summer, remember you can never go wrong with a classic white linen dress.

Photographed by Phil Oh

5. Puffed Sleeves

For the days when you need a little flair, turn to sleeves with whimsical volume.

Photographed by Phil Oh

Melanie Gordon

Kent State '22

Melanie Gordon is in her first year as a fashion design major at Kent State University. Someday, she hopes to have her own clothing line. She is from St. Louis, Missouri, so is, of course, a die-hard Cardinals fan. When she isn't drawing clothes or writing, you can find her sitting outside in the sun, laughing at the little things in life, or shopping with her girlfriends. She counts family, black coffee, and traveling to new places as some of the best things in life.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.