First Day Outfits for Every Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

One of the most exciting things about the beginning of a new school year is picking out your outfit for the first day. First impressions are important, and clothing is a big part of that. Whether you have your style down to a T, or are still experimenting with different looks, here are five diverse outfit options to get you brainstorming.

Preppy:

A chambray shirt is such a versatile piece and can easily transition from season to season. To make it work for summer, pair with a pair of nautical shorts and a classic pair of pearl earrings. Sandals with rope detailing tie this preppy look together. 

Boho:

Take a plain crop top and a pair of denim shorts to the next level by adding a pair of tall gladiator sandals and a statement-making printed kimono. Keep the accessories low key with a simple pendant necklace. 

Edgy:

Black doesn’t have to be boring! Pair your cropped tank and skater skirt with dainty but dangerous jewelry. Adding a laser cut black vest keeps the outfit visually interesting, without making you overheat in the sweltering temps. 

Girly:

This outfit is all about feminine details. Pair a light colored, ruffled tank with a pair of simple shorts. Accent with touches of gold, such as bow earrings, a tiny locket, and gold flip flops.

Streetstyle:

Jean shorts and a striped tee paired with a light army jacket reads effortlessly cool. If you’re feeling extra daring, finish this look with a pair of printed slip ons. Keep the jewelry to a minimum with a small pair of gold earrings.

Hopefully this gave you some ideas on what you want to wear on your first day. The options are limitless and it’s all up to you! Good luck!

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.