This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

This Saturday Modista will be holding their first ever MODIvation conference; an event meant to educate and introduce fashion lovers to careers and individuals within the industry. We are all so excited for the first annual Conference, so if you’re someone with a passion for fashion be sure to get you tickets soon! Some information about the conference is posted below, and if you have any more questions please feel free to contact Modista at modistagroup@gmail.com

Who

Modista – an organization aimed at educating and uniting ALL individuals with an interest in fashion.

What

MODIvation Conference – A day-long event that will feature:

• An hour long Q&A panel with the events honorary speakers
  • Three breakout sessions with three unique speakers in order to learn about them more personally
  • The chance to explore different career choices and opportunities
  • An opportunity to acquire new techniques and skills outside of the classroom
  • A networking mixer with the speakers and specials guests

Their awesome lineup of speakers will include:

• JR Campbell (Director of the Fashion School)
  • Dr. Tameka Ellington (Fashion Technical Designer)
  • Helen Castillo (Project Runway All Star and Fashion Designer)
  • Valerie Mayen (Project Runway All Star and Owner of Yellowcake Shop)
  • Fernando Maldonado (Regional Visual Merchandiser for Zara)
  • Kori Fields (KSU Alum and Fashion Journalist)

When

Saturday, April 22nd 2017 starting at 10:00 a.m.

Where

Kent Student Center Governor’s Chambers 2nd Floor 1075 Risman Dr, Kent, OH 44242

The networking mixer will be held at 157 Lounge – 157 S Water St, Kent, OH 44240

Why

Modista’s goal for their conference is to help introduce different career options to someone who loves fashion and wishes to pursue it, while also networking with people inside the industry (including other students)

How

Tickets are available at https://modistagroup.yapsody.com/event/index/62100/modivation-conference until Thursday, April 20th 2017

They are $25 for Kent State students and $35 for non-Kent State students

(cost includes: panel Q&A, 3 breakout sessions, lunch, and networking mixer at Lounge 157)

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.