books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Finals Week: as Told by Home Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Thanksgiving break comes to an end and we’re all ready to celebrate the holiday season. When December 1st rolls around, Kent State students are looking forward to winter break. They run around campus like… 

That is, until you go to class and remember that next week is finals week and you have three in-class exams, one online exam and two projects you haven’t started on or prepared for yet. 

Then, your professor reminds you that your project is actually due the Friday before finals week instead of the Friday of finals week.

Your project is due at 12 p.m. on Friday and you finish it just in time at 11:59 a.m., feeling like a boss.

You’re so relieved that it feels as if a weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. You don’t care at all that your project is probably worthy of a D, it’s finally off your hands. 

You figure that since your exams aren’t for a few more days, you have the weekend to relax and let loose before the stressful week ahead of you. Afterall, you deserve some time to yourself after working hard on that project!

Monday of finals week is among us. The library is full, sleeping isn’t a thing and students are scrambling to buy the last energy drink or coffee at the nearest dining location on campus.

You still put off studying as much as you can, thinking “Hey, I’ll just pull an all nighter!”

At the time, you think it’s a good idea. You can just take a quick hour nap right before your exam starts. But then you sleep through your alarm…

You are left with no other choice but to show up to your exam in your holiday pajamas with bed head. Everyone in class stares at you with funny looks and you’re just like…

Your winter break is so close, your last final acts as only a window separating you and your stress-free, five weeks at home.

You finish all of your exams and act as if finals week wasn’t the death of you. Three in-class exams, one online exam and two projects? Piece of cake!

And don’t forget to wish your lovely professors happy holidays after you turn in your finals!

It’s time to pack up your dirty laundry for your mom to wash at home and say your goodbyes and holiday wishes to your friends and roommates.

It’s time to go home and enjoy the holidays and quality time with your family and closest friends!

Or not…

Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.