This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s time to fall back into fall fashion again with the new arrivals of trends this seasons. Fall is a monumental time for trends to come into play because the weather is beginning to cool down, it’s the start of a new academic year and it’s fashion month. Some current trends like plaid, multiple shades of brown and velvet are here to stay, while newer trends like glitter are also making an appearance. So collegiette’s, here’s a quick run-down of what were expecting to see this fall in the fashion world. 

The new school uniforms 

It could be because fall signifies the beginning of a new academic year, but plaid makes frequent appearances in this fall’s trends. All different types of plaids from tartan to gingham were showcased this season in order to give the trend some variety.

The wild wild west

If you’ve never thought of cowboys as stylish, this season might just change your mind. Re-envisioned western looks include steel toe boots, leather vests and waist belt buckles.

Left on red 

I was not the biggest fan of the color red, in fact I hated it until this season. This season’s red is the type of red that makes you want to get out of your comfort zone and try some daring new looks.

Gold is a girl’s best friend

All that glitters really is gold this season. The saturated vibrant hues made a huge impact on the runway and off this season. 

Holey-moley

Fishnets have finally moved on from denim and will be shown in a variety of styles from dresses to even sleeves this season. 

Florals? For fall? Groundbreaking.

This season designers showed us all that floral is not only for spring but can we worn in fall as well. The transition from spring-time-floral to these large-floral prints are a beautiful thing and are hopefully here to stay for a while.

Bold Velvets

Designer’s crushed the velvet look this season with an array of versatile styles shown on the runway.

Antique collars

A refreshing break from turtlenecks to keep our necks warm during the cooler months, Victorian-like collars are here to show you that it’s possible to be stylish and warm.

Ciao everyone! My name is Marion Kpandeyenge and I am currently a freshman at Kent State University, where I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising. I have a passion for fashion, but my love for writing holds a very special place in my heart.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.